PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlee

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2011
Denver
Hello friends. We are just back from our adventures in the hot, muggy, hot, sticky, hot, humid South. Did I mention that it was hot? We enjoyed a long overdue visit with family and our time on the beaches from Pensacola to Dauphin Island to Biloxi. I was happy to cart home a case of Yuengling that I picked up in Mobile as it's not available here. Enjoyed one earlier with a MM cob filled with 1Q and enjoying another now.
Not many pipe hobby feats to relay but I did snap this photo of an (old? perhaps a repro?) tin of Prince Albert during our visit to the National Museum of Naval Aviation. The museum is aboard Naval Air Station Pensacola and is highly recommended. This was in the WWII Pacific Island Exhibit in one of the tent quarters. I thought it was pretty neat. There was another tin in the store exhibit in the Homefront area but I didn't take a photo of that tin.
Good to be home where I can actually enjoy a pipeful outdoors! Best to all.
imgp4984-600x450.jpg

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I have a repo tin of Prince Albert that I got about 35 years ago. Neat thing to display.

Re your purchase of Yuengling; I live about 40 minutes from their Pottsville,Pa brewery. Their Lager is a staple at every bar and restaurant. Here in eastern Pa we say, "Give me a Lager" and a Yuengling is what you'll get.

If you get a chance to try their other products I recommend Lord Chesterfield Ale. The Black and Tan and Porter are good as wellif you like dark beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.