PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Need a standard size set to replace the fittings on a newly acquired meer "with issues". I've tried ordering from places, and they either sell them by the dozen or rip me on shipping. Thanks in advance :puffy:
Edit: Moved to Pipe Repair and Maintenance, L.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Actually, rothnh, it DOES cost $10.85 that's what their shopping cart weight thing figures it for Priority Mail. I called them earlier and I was told they could work it out to cheaper via "regular" phone order. Fellow told me to call first thing in the morning and ask for Pete.
Price is 97 c for the shank part and 97 c for the stem part.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
That's what I'm thinking. If they do want to ship Priority, I'll get some of their house blends or a tin of SG baccy to make it an even $20 .....

pilgrim

Lurker
Jan 22, 2015
Hello; im curious to know what your meer issue is and how this part will serve you....then i might can know if it would serve my situation. my shank is busted up on the end, couple small pieces need to be glued back and perhaps a band to cinch it all up...then i'm hoping i can still use the threads inside the mortise....beeswax the tenon threads and hope that works....with this teflon threaded piece....won't that significantly narrow the opening and affect the draw? thanks yall

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I believe there is really no way to glue and band together pieces of a broken meerschaum shank.

The nylon bushing and teflon tenon, the push-pull system pictured below, does indeed narrow the diameter of the draft hole.

4049.jpg

Norwood's Pipe Repair can create a permanent acrylic shank extension, and fit the pipe with an acrylic stem

at a very reasonable cost and rapid turn-around time. I had this done and I'm very happy with the repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.