PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
I picked up my ultra rare brand new, still in the box never smoked 303 with the limited edition Zippo for exactly $499 less than the listing
img_0844-600x450.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
I picked up my ultra rare brand new, still in the box never smoked 303 with the limited edition Zippo for exactly $499 less than the listing
Exactly... well, you actually got a deal, I think. I believe I've seen these for around $100 to $120.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Sorry, forgot to add that it was $50 CDN, which at today's exchange rate is about $35 USD.
Seems this young guy came home with the pipe kit and a bag of a bulk blend which I suspect was 1Q and his wife promptly told him "No way" :rofl:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Seems this young guy came home with the pipe kit and a bag of a bulk blend which I suspect was 1Q and his wife promptly told him "No way"
I will never understand that or the whole "SWMBO" thing. "No way" was what made exes of several old girlfriends.

Jan 8, 2013
I found another one! :rofl: This one costs a little less.... probably because it's rusticated. https://www.amazon.com/Zippo-Peterson-Pipe-Gift-Set/dp/B00187TVEU

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
This one is interesting because it's unsmoked and is vintage but the price...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Unsmoked-K-P-Peterson-Irish-Free-State-1922-1937-System-3-Large-Pipe-356/113226224076
Am I wrong?

Jan 8, 2013
Am I wrong?
Well in that case, the pipe is possibly made sometime between 1922 and 1937, and is supposedly unsmoked. A serious collector MIGHT be interested enough to pay that price if they really wanted that pipe. I personally don't think I would... maybe with another shape, who knows? Regardless, I'd have to see photos of the inside of the chamber, the inside of the mortise, a better look at that stem, etc. And I'd have to do some research, because from the photos that ARE provided it appears there may be a bowl coating if it's unsmoked, and I personally don't know whether or not Peterson was using bowl coatings in the 20's and 30's.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
All good points Anthony. Now that you mentioned it, it's odd that there are no pictures of the bowl or mortise. For the amount they're asking, you would think they would have nailed the marketing.

The time period and being unsmoked, supposedly, are appealing but there are so, so many Peterson estate pipes for sale every day. They have to be one of the most common/popular estate pipes on ebay. You would have to be fixated on collecting to pay that price imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.