PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
Well folks, my sleazy cig shop pulled through for me yet again. After becoming bored with my usual smokes, I decided to mozy on down and see what they had in stock today. I was tired of the CB, PA, and Log Cabin series, so I decided to take another chance on Smoker's Pride. Black Cavendish was what I chose, and I am glad I did. After smoking their " Rich " flavor, I was pretty put off of the cheap RYO brand, but I decided, after reading that this stuff is the bee's knee's, to get a bag. I got a big ol'e bag for 24.00 flat, and soon the magic started. I was greeted with a chocolaty, warm vanilla-liquer scent, and FOR ONCE..... it tasted as good as it smelled. Smoked in my beloved bryoln Yellobole, this tobacco sure was a pallet pleaser. Smooth enough for Mom to smoke, yet rich and complex enough to make you think. Hard to light because of the dampness, but 2 hours on a cookie sheet in the kitchen solved that. Folks, this is the best damn aromatic I have ever smoked, and probably ever will. Waaaay better than CB and BR and alot cheaper too! Wow... an amazing aromatic that a poor fireman can smoke everyday! If you can get past the plastic beef jerky bag and simple appearence, you will love this blend. I believe I have found my pipe nirvana, and its name is SPBC.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yeah I've heard from others it's a really good black cavendish. Personally black cavendish on it's own is too mild for my tastes, I end up puffing too hard and I burn my mouth trying to get a satisfying smoke. But you aren't the first person I know that's said smokers pride bc is really good.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Smokinfireman, congrats...now stock up as much as you can afford. If you really enjoy this blend, then I would try to buy up ten pounds or so, over time. Store it in mason jars to make sure it stays flavorful and voila! I am truly envious that you have found a tobacco that is easy to get locally and only $1.50 an ounce, enjoy.

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
@philobeddoe
Good mason jar idea. I have tried zip locks in the past but they seem to impart a plastic flavor to the tobacco. Yes, at 24.00 a bag it's a pretty good deal, especially considering the middle man. I might try mixing some of it with some PA for an in-between sort of smoke.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Ok, Great! You've experienced some nice new taste and smells. That does not mean that you will be content with this new stuff forever. Palates change. You may have a place in your heart for it forever, but, it's just the beginning my friend.

Meanwhile, enjoy it for all it's worth! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.