PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
So about 3 months ago I finally got 10 tins of John Aylesbury Luxury Flake. Although it is not as illusive as some blends, it did take me about a year to acquire some. All about having the money the second it comes available. Anyway since we hit a high of 56 degrees the other day, I decided to finally try some. Instant favorite. While I was smoking a small bowl, I told my wife I would keep an extra $150 in the account so when it comes available I could swoop in and begin stocking up.
Now yesterday I got onto smokingpipes to update my profile and put the Aylesbury on my favorites list and just by luck they had it available. The crazy thing is I have an alert for it but had not received any notification saying it was in stock. I quickly made a purchase of 10 tins and when I went back to add it to my favorites they were sold out.
It was just met to be.
Fixed thread title, please see rule number 9. Pertinent portion: Please capitalize words in the thread titles. Thank you, Robert.

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
That will make for a nice cellar. That stuff is in my top three faves. I prefer it to Dunhill flake, capstan, and other similar blends.

indianafrank

Oct 15, 2014
I told my wife I would keep an extra $150 in the account so when it comes available I could swoop in and begin stocking up.
Good for you! I would never tell my wife I had $150 sitting somewhere for me. That would cause a revolution. :(

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
While shaintiques was assembling a pipe and tobacco for a lady friend I was trying to get into the hobby, he also sent me a tin of Luxury Flake. Ignoramus that I am, I didn't realize how highly this flake is regarded!, except it was great in a Dublin! Thanks again, Dave!

Status
Not open for further replies.