PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
Was just sort of browsing meerschaum pipes because some day I'd like to own one, and I accidentally stumbled onto this. Never in a million years would I be able to spend this kind of money, but I can still appreciate absolute artistic talent when I see it. This thing is absolutely gorgeous. I can only imagine seeing it in person. Wow
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LION-WORLD-COLLECTIBLE-ARTWORK-MEERSCHAUM-PIPE-BY-MASTER-CARVER-AYHAN-KARAHAN-/271559283872?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f3a31d4a0

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
The artistic ability to carve that is astounding! I would love to see it color up as it gets smoked, as the different animals color at different rates, that pipe would keep changing and darkening for many, many years. It would be a privilege to be the caretaker for a pipe that will, barring an accident, outlive all of us.

bwithers55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 17, 2012
There is an enormous range of what is out there in meers. You will find one that is an incredible and affordable find. -bw

Jan 8, 2013
The attention to detail really impressed me. From the male lion atop the bowl standing proud in all his majesty to the lioness carrying the cub in her jaws to the two young cubs at the end joyously playing and rolling around. Remarkable piece of work :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Great intricate carving. I think I'd get distracted trying to smoke a pipe with even a little of that

carving on it.

Jan 8, 2013
dead cool, just seems rather senseless that it's a pipe
Hell, I'd smoke it. During the great apocalypse (what ever it might be) I'd take it and move to the mountains where I would begin my own colony and I'd have a couple hundred people with me. Over time, people would have children and the colony would grow. On special occasions, such as the Day Of Anthony (named after me of course)I would bring out that pipe and tell all those listening before me about how I alone defeated the terrible three horned monster Freakinguglyasallhell and brought peace once again to the world. I would blow the smoke over everyone nearby giving them my blessing and they would thank me by giving me lasagna... and pizza... and Doritos (nacho cheese flavored) and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups. And RC cola. And the women would rub my feet, and the children would light my pipe. And the men would sing drinking songs on my behalf. And I'd have a pet rabbit named Bo.
Crap... I've finally lost it.

Aug 14, 2012
Excellent carving. I had the same thought as edgreen. Would be too afraid of dropping it to smoke it. And there are probably difficulties with the plumbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.