PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nkourilo

Might Stick Around
May 21, 2014
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVELOUS-SCULPTURAL-FREEHAND-SMOKING-PIIPE-TAMPER-BY-WORLD-GENIUS-SAVENKO-26-/271489033168?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f3601e3d0#viTabs_0

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
I personally would not and for good reason but I can easily see how a collector of such abstract pipe art would gladly pay that. It's a very nice piece

nkourilo

Might Stick Around
May 21, 2014
Seeing pipes like that makes me wonder how the artist arrives at this price.

nkourilo

Might Stick Around
May 21, 2014
Good point cosmic however I looked at the sold listings for the seller and the highest price pipe sold was $485.00. Quite a jump from that to $1,700.00

bulletsnbriars

Can't Leave
Nov 9, 2013
Nashville/Williston
Normally, elaborate abstract pipes hold no interest for me. Im more of a traditional shape guy. But man, that is a gorgeous pipe. I could see myself buying two or three pipes of that craftsmanship and price in my lifetime, saved as special occasion burners. Lovely work there.
But of course, thats based on my current income. The oilfield won't be here forever, and the day will come when I can't even consider such a pipe. I rarely spend large sums of money on frivolities like that, but while I got the dough, its fun to consider the options.

derrickyoung

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2013
1700.00 would give me a nice rack of classic shapes that i would enjoy and some tobacco to go with it. So not a chance.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
I appreciate and applaud the planning, time, execution, and skill required to produce a pipe like that. But definitely no. Not even if I had millions. I don't buy pipes I can't/won't smoke and I would rather keep Zack, Sable, or Dan at Gabrieli (and everyone I missed) busy for a while on I something I would enjoy and treasure accordingly. They're the real artisans.
Andy

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
You couldn't pay me $1,700 to do all the sanding required on that pipe...At least 30-50 hours of sanding or more....

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I'd buy it if it were not being an easy pipe to clench. Even if I didn't occasionally clench I'd have to do so as I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to hold onto that freaking thing! It's on my watch list, but damn... I'm still $1,697.01 short. Oh well, maybe his next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.