Would You Rather be Tiger or Lance Armstrong?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
6 Fresh Castello Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Both of these guys have experienced a major fall from grace. If you HAD to be one of them, who would you be and why?

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
lol. Ok I am seriously laughing out loud and my team is looking at me like I'm crazy....

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
Tiger is still one of the top three golfers of all-time, with Nicklaus and Hogan; Lance Armstrong can ride a bicycle. Not really a tough choice.

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
pushing my love of cycling to the side, Tiger.

Lance has hurt an entire sport, is banned for life, lost all endorsements, thrown his best friends and team mates under the bus, devalued his own charity and the list goes on.
Tiger while not being a very nice fellow according to people in the know, is still a sport legend without ever cheating or destroying his sport. Not to mention he still plays and has all his endorsements.

swhipple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 2, 2011
To answer the question I'd say Tiger. He still has his career.
I honestly feel sorry for Lance. I know he was cheating but honestly doping in cycling is like speeding the highway, everyone does it to one degree or another. Lance was only doing what he needed to do to be good at his job. I know my opinion won't be popular but I think the sanctions against him went way to far. I mean everyone in the sport was doping and he was still the best. They'll have to go so far down the list of finishers to find someone clean that they might as well just give me the win!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
I would choose neither. Both disgraced their respective sports, families, and fans who supported them.

scottishjohn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2012
Broomfield, Colorado
They both exhibit disgusting moral levels, not to mention the ethics or lack thereof.

I'm not perfect, but I think I am a step above either one when it comes to either of those virtues. I am happy with being myself, although as Lawrence pointed out, I would not mind dealing with the potential tax problems. :wink:

shawn

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
The body will put up with a lot of abuse but steriods will always catch up with you. I would be Tiger.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
If I had to be either Lance Armstrong or Tiger Woods, I think I'd choose to be reincarnated as an anteater
1249167618656.jpg

rotschefeller

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2012
Köln, Germany
Two cheaters, but one is still considered a legitimate athelete and he got booty on the side to show for his lack of chaaracter. One gets all his accomplishments as good as wiped and is exposed as a cheater without even getting any.
I think the choice is clear. 8)

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
Tiger has way more money and according to the rumors more fun.....
Both men have to live with their choices for the rest of their life. I'm glad that I'm neither one. At least my kids don't think I'm a dirt bag or a cheater.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Well, has Tiger helped more people or has Lance? I don't think this is clear cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.