PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
hehe, good question. For me, tobacco, in tins. Mainly because I have enough pipes for proper rotation and don't have enough tobacco for long term storage.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Depends how many pipes I already own I guess. Some day they will prohibit the sale of pipe tobacco or at least price it out of the average persons reach. Soooo I guess I would rather have the tobacco. One pipe would still let me smoke $150.00 in tobacco but $150 pipe does me no good without good tobacco. Just my two cents.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Tobacco.
There's enough estate pipes out there that even if nobody ever crafted a briar or meerschaum again we'd still find a good smoking vessel or two. (Not to mention what we already own)
Also, it is much easier for an individual to make a quality pipe than to grow/cure/process your own pipe tobacco.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Tobacco, I have a lot of pipes already and $150 would make a nice TAD order.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
Tobacco until i have a vast cellar. I only buy pipes that i can make actual use of and things will stay that way until the tobacco hate crew start to lay off.
Which is a shame as i would like to start a pipe collection

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Well since I have a rotation of 17 pipes... and because my baccy cellar is EXTREMELY low due to low funds... I would say
$150 worth of tobacco ... that would set me up nice until shit gets better :)

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Hmm... right now I feel like I'm finally getting to where I have a comfortable supply of both. I'm at close to 17 lbs in the cellar and 20 or so pipes. Tough call.
Oh who am I kidding? I can always find $150 worth of tobaccos I "need" :lol:

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
Instinct is saying "tobacco"...I do like a shiny new pipe though!!! :evil:

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
well these are the shiny pipes im considering, but i cant decide between either of them, one of them, or a big TAD order http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/trying-to-decide-between-my-first-sav?replies=9#post-294952

So I was curious what people would say without knowing that I was looking at pipes as well :P

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
You never know when a favourite blend will disappear, or get hyped on the forum...just saying.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
TADorder.jpg

this is the order Im thinking of putting in

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
hmmm will it be in US prices? or Canadian Prices? Last I checked 5 tins of 50g came to 150 + Tax + shipping for an order I wanted to put in... It costs around 75 after shipping from the states in US prices... if it's Canadian prices I choose a pipe... if it's US prices I choose Tobacco hahaha. That and US to Canadian Exchange is pretty close these days anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.