PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I currently have 21 blends in my rotation that I really like. I have been loading up on all of them with my goal of getting my 25 year supply in the cellar by this spring. My problem is I keep looking at new blends to try, is there something wrong with me? My newest blend I am going to try is GL Pease Navigator, it sounds tasty so I just have to try it. Now if I like it I am going to have to load up on that one as well. Would you quit trying new blends and would you be happy with a 21 blend rotation?
I think I have issues. :crazy:

Aug 1, 2012
From a guy who has a really bad case of PAD and more pipes than he can smoke...nope, I wouldn't stop.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
If I want to try it, I eventually do. I say stop nowhere. For instance, you can have your staples but throw in a wildcard sometimes. I see guys that do that. They make an order and just throw in one they have never tried. With your tobacco budget, who cares.

shawn

Jan 1, 2012
You are way ahead of me my man. Now having said that, if I were in your position I would be happy. :D If your better half is OK with it then all is good. Happy wife = happy life!

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I don't have nearly that many blends in my rotation. I don't think I would ever stop trying new things though. Let us know how the Navigator is!

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
I wouldn't, and I don't think there's anything wrong with you. A long time ago in an introduction I wrote something that pretty much went "I hope this quest I'm on for that Holy Grail of a smoke never ends, I hope I never find it."

I still feel that way. I salute your cellar!

batdemon

Dec 20, 2011
Harris, you sound normal to me, of course, that may not be such a good thing.

I have my tried and true rotation of around 7 or 8 that I smoke regularly and

another 10 or so that I smoke every now and then. I am always trying new stuff

though. I say there's always room for 1 more blend, or 2, or 3, or 100.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Thanks guys, I do feel more normal now. I love trying new stuff hoping to find an even better tasting blend than my favorites. I love variety and from reading the responses 21 blends in a rotation is not abnormal. I am lucky that I have no wife or significant other to worry about so I answer to no one.
roth, I was just reading up on the Former flakes, a couple sound interesting.

Here is the order I just placed with smokingpipes.
14 Rotary Navy Cut

4 Hamborger Veermaster ( brings me to 37 tins in the cellar)

1 GL Pease Navigator

1 McClelland Dark Star

1 Former Cross Grain Flake
I read up on the Dark Star and it seems to have no red virginia's in it so I took a shot. I cannot remember if I had tried this one years ago when I tried bunches of McClelland blends, I am hoping it won't bite me.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Oh Harris you definitely have issues, don't misinterpret what's being said...this is just the one thing you're right about :nana:

brudnic1

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2012
I have over 100 blends and buy newly released blends that seem interesting.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
chris, lol.
roth, that will be fun comparing notes. If I like it no worries, I'll grab only 50 or so real quick and then it will be back in stock in plenty of time for you to load up. If I find more blends then I won't have to order so many of the same ones leaving more for everyone else.
brudnic1, wow, now I really feel normal. 100 different blends is awesome. You must smoke everything, I only smoke va and vaper flakes which kind of limits me. I have tried well over 100 different blends but I just love my flakes.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Every time I think I've got my absolute favorite tobaccos identified and can simply go into stock-up mode, I get intrigued by another and have to try it. It never ends...

brudnic1

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2012
Cig master: you're right. I used to think I was an English/Balkan person but as I grow older I find I also like Virginias, Burleys and Aros. I keep six or seven different blend types open at any one time. I also smoke Vapers.

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Well, my database shows I'm nearing 1000 blends. But I'm very disciplined, as I am working on slimming the cellar down to a Top100. Unfortunately I seem to have 160 items on that list. At least I don't do Aros or burleys or this would really be uncontrollable. I don't stock that deep, since no one blend has more than a couple of dozen tins or too many pounds.
The Top100 list is moderately dynamic, since I discover new entrants every couple of weeks, though I have demoted maybe a dozen off the list in the last 2 years.
hp

les
BTW - I prefer the Cross Grain Flake over the Straight and Birdseye

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
I wish I was working on a big supply to store...my wife barely lets me keep my 6 jars on my dresser full. But maybe once I get my basement done I can have a closet dedicated to tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.