Would You Buy 100$ Frog Morton 100g Tin??

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Doctor's Pipes
New Accessories
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
24 Fresh Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Pipes
12 Fresh Claudio Cavicchi Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmcobber

Lurker
Feb 24, 2019
Sherbrooke Quebec Canada
Hi all!
So Im kind of new to pipe. Been smoking cigar, but stopped since I started pipe! I started with a MM great dane pipe and MM tobacco and I am very pleaed with it!! After reasearching for a while I found that Frog morton tobacco use to be a good tobacco ! I would love to smoke some but since it not in production any more price is up!! I am bidding on ebay but pric is high! ( around 80-100$). So should I give it a try or there any good tobacco I should get for this money ??

Thank for your thoughts !!

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
You can buy 9 to 10 tins of other tobacco to try for $100. IMHO, you'd be much better served to choose the former. However, your money, your choice.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Op is in Canada and he sent me a message. I would love to sell him some FM but not sure he would receive it. Customs...ugh!

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Hi mmcobber. Up to ya. I don’t know what your disposable income looks like.
Me personally, no, I wouldn’t spend $100 on any of the Frog offerings. It’s sad and I’ll miss it. Mcclellands took me by surprise and I’m left with one 50g tin each of Frog/Town and Frog/Cellar.
Then again, some folks drop thousands on a single pipe and think nothing of it. More power to ‘em! Me, I don’t own a pipe worth over $300, and most of mine are in the $100ish range.
Sadly, I’m not sure of any blends that are close to the Frogs. I’d let it go and enjoy maybe Bengal Slices, Northwoods, GLP Gaslight or Quiet Nights, Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding... if you’ve not had some of those yet. There’s really too many great currently available offerings to list, as you may well know.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
$100? Absolutely. I'd light it with 500 Euro banknotes and smoke it while I cruised around Monaco in my Bugatti.

spartacus

Lifer
Nov 7, 2018
Mesa, Arizona
I have a few 100 gram tins of FMC I picked up on eBay for about $62 each. I wouldn't pay more than that. I will not be buying anymore evan at the $62 price. There are too many great tobacco's out there for a much better price.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
Don't have but a bit of McClellan left. Sold off most I had at the war prices. Decided if I couldn't get more, why not .

Status
Not open for further replies.