PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

imashrimp82

Lurker
Mar 25, 2012
Hello everyone. I just bought a lot of estate pipes. I know or found the brands, models, features, etc of most of the pipes. I have been trying to research the manufacturing dates, but for most of them, this information seems to elude me.
I have found the site www.pipephil.eu helpful in some cases, but not all. Is there any other resources out there that might have this information?
Thanks!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
A lot of good info on various makers here-- http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
Good luck, let us know how it goes.
chuck-woolery1.jpg

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
Off-topic, but what the hell........

My last real date was 43 years ago. Dating my pipes is not much fun; they just lie there immobile, letting me do whatever I want.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
When you consider that taking a date to dinner will cost $30-$50 for just the entree, dating a pipe is a way better deal at $8 per 2 oz.

The pipe doesn't speak, it gives pleasure and a bowl lasts a heck of a lot longer than....you know.

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
"a bowl lasts a heck of a lot longer than....you know."

------------------------------------------

If "....you know" lasts longer than 4 hours, you need to call your doctor. I imagine he congratulates you.
APOLOGIES TO OP AND MODERATOR FOR HIJACKING THIS THREAD!

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
@imashrimp82 - I recently bought an LJ Peretti ...
Qghc8.png

It's one of my favorites.
But anyhow I wanted to find out it's origin, so I looked up LJ Peretti's website, used their contact e-mail to send a picture and asked who mostly likely made it, and when.
I got an e-mail back a day later saying it was made by Robert Peretti circa 1970
So I figure, so long as you have pictures and know the maker, you should be able to do this and find out the info.
happy investigating ... :puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.