PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
SF GIANTS!!! Champions!!!
Detroit had no chance... Swept em like the crap they are!!!
Everyone doubted The Giants, all they can say is..
2012 WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!!
Time to celebrate with a smoke!!!

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Harsh words, SJ.
Jim Leyland's bunch disappointed a lot of baseball fans with a thoroughly lackluster WS performance. But, the Tigers played well this season and showed a lot of heart going toe to toe with the A's and then kicking hell out of the Yankees to make it to the big dance.
I was hoping for a much better showing from a team that had a five day rest before the series began, but man, they aren't crap. No ball club with the first Tripe Crown winner in 45 years should be waved off in such a dismissive manner.

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
Congrats to the Giants for winning& also to the Tigers for at least showing up.Jim Leyland was a true gentleman in his comments after the game towards the Giants.Next year lets go Bucs.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Congrats for sure, but since they are WORLD CHAMPS, of the WORLD SERIES where did France, Germany, Mexico, and Japan teams place? Always thought that was funny.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
The Giants certainly outplayed the Tigers in this series. The Tigers didn't hit a lick.
Baseball is a funny game. You are never as good as you look when you are winning and never as bad as you look when you are losing.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
As a lifelong Cubs fan growing up mainly in Michigan I root for the Tigers as my AL team. Gotta say I'm a little dissapointed. Paying Fielder almost a quarter billion dollars for 10 years is a disgrace when he chokes in the World Series. The Cubs were doing a similar thing before Epstein. Lots of payroll - no results.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I'm assuming that the baseball season is over.

So, when's the World's Series? :D
Just kidding of course...

It's football season, so down here in the sunny-breezy-coolish south so all other sports fall by the wayside.
Congrats to the Giants. :clap:
:puffy:

peteross

Might Stick Around
Oct 9, 2012
Salida, CA
Congrats to the Giants... again. I'm a Tigers fan but I like the sport more than a team or a player. I really enjoyed the post season games this year.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Cabrera's Triple crown REALLY helped them out!!! :rofl:
radio, Twice in 3 years, not so minor league ball players...

gageploungin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 14, 2012
Happens every time one team has to wait around for the other to finish. The Tigers swept the Yanks while the Giants battled through 7 games. Baseball is a game that's meant to be played, not practiced.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Congratulations to the Giants, but I'm a Texas Ranger, and we are currently not discussing baseball. Hey at least the Cowboys suck again. Well, at least there's hockey. Damn.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
SJPIPESMOKER SAID: "Detroit had no chance... Swept em like the crap they are!!!"
If that's the case, then the Giants deserve no credit at all. There's no glory in beating a lousy team.

austinxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 25, 2012
I agree, ravkesef.
It always amuses me when a loosing team in a championship game/series is referred to as "Crap"
As if they didn't win games in their divisions and leagues to get there. Sheesh.

peteross

Might Stick Around
Oct 9, 2012
Salida, CA
+1 ravkesef

+1 austinxpipe
And Giants fans are sore winners. After the win they took to the streets of San Fran and flipped cars, smashed store windows, and burned a city bus. yeah... real winners

Status
Not open for further replies.