PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Thanks to the help of Pat (pruss) and Andrew (Smokeybear) my Trypis collection is starting to finally form shape.
Now:

- a 5-day rotation of Acorn Shaped Grade 5s

- 1 Bulldog

- 2 Rhodesians

- 1 Volcano (awesome Flakes pipe)

- 1 Churchwarden
I plan to add another 2 Bulldog/Rhodesian to have a 5-day rotation for English blends as well. Yay :)
Here they all are, fresh from the Buffing Wheel:
vd3o.jpg

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Now I feel like I really need to get a nice display case / stand ... ;-) Any recommendations?

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Enjoy those beauties buddy i know I'm enjoying mine. I still got lots on Briar Bid if any one else is interested in one of these great smokers.
Nick it was a great pleasure dealing with you. Thank you sir.

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Denicare pipe bowl paste and buffing with Carnauba always works wonders on the grain. Even the dullest pipes end up looking bang!

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Btw. 40 years in storage? That would make the briar about 50 years old...!! o_O No wonder they smoke so dry and cool ...

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Hey Nic I just started my collection with three from Andrew. I'm eagerly waiting for the package to arrive. The Seles site looks like it hasn't been kept up.

Jeff

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
hfearly, thanks for posting your collection. That is an outstanding grouping. We have a guy in the Smokestacks who makes and sells pipe cabinets for between $100 and $200. They are well crafted, hand made, and typically involve one or two tiers of open racks over a small set of cabinet doors to store some tobacco and sundry items. The cabinets are all free-standing and are good looking. Holler at me, and I'll get his contact info to you.
I'll post a pic of my Trypis pipes once I get the last two off the workbench.
BTW - Would you mind tossing me a PM with the name of a place where I can find the briar paste you reference above?
All the best mate.
-- Pat

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I think I actually have some of the paste Pat, and if it is the right stuff you can get it at Victory.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
4noggins has the paste too for those not in the 'Shwa...Denicare pipe bowl polish.

hfearly

Oct 11, 2012
Canada
We have a guy in the Smokestacks who makes and sells pipe cabinets for between $100 and $200. They are well crafted, hand made, and typically involve one or two tiers of open racks over a small set of cabinet doors to store some tobacco and sundry items. The cabinets are all free-standing and are good looking.
Pat, I'm interested. Do you have any pictures of cabinets that your contact had made for other members?

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hey there. No, unfortunately I don't. I'll reach out to Ed and see if he has any pictures, I have been gently encouraging him to post them for sale on briar-bid, but to no avail. I do know he's actively trying to sell the four or five he's made already. If I get pictures I'll post 'em, and with his permission I'll flip you his email in a PM.
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.