PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iajaffe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2010
Over the weekend I received an email from a pipe smoker who found me at the blog of my local pipe smoking club here in Sacramento. He had received an 8oz tin of Haddo's Delight, but even though the package said Haddo's Delight what was inside was anything but. Inside was a heavy latakia which he does not like. The website sent him a correct replacement, but since no one knew what was inside they did not need it sent back to them. So what does he do? Does he throw it out? No, he finds local smokers and donates it.
I enjoyed a beer and a smoke with him for over an hour while I picked up the donation. It was pleasant as can be, sitting outside, at sunset, in Davis, CA. I just wanted to say a public thank you and also to call attention to how friendly our pipe brothers are. Even the mean ones are nice to each other.
Keep giving pipe smoking a good name.

iajaffe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 10, 2010
I am going to have a taste test next meeting. I am assuming it is some kind of Pease blend.

gungnir

Lurker
May 22, 2012
I completely agree with herbinedave it would have been such a waste to just throw it away glad he donated.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
That's awesome! I still haven't run into too many other pipe smokers in my town but when I do, I will make sure that I enjoy a few good smokes with them.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
That is pretty cool. I try to share my tobacco when friends come over. I love smoking with other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.