PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
I have been itching to bring this subject up.
Do you find it lady like for a woman to enjoy the hobby of pipe smoking or do you feel it's a man thing?
Can't wait for your thoughts. . . I know I just opened a can of worms. Lol!

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I think its great!
cn5218_pipe.jpg

joshwolftree

Part of the Furniture Now
Well I just got my girlfriend to stop stealing my pipes, and all it took was buying her her own mini meer.

I think depending on the girl and the pipe it can be quite attractive. I think part of that is a pipe that suits that girl. A group 3 or 4 looks ridiculous on my girlfriend, she's also 5'5" and very petite so if she's smoking my larger pipes with the thick walls, it just dominates the view. A smaller more petite mini meer in a calabash like bowl shape looks more like an accessory on her, on me it looks like a toy or toothpick. She definatly gravitates more towards AROS which works for me since I have a bunch around and smoke mostly English blends and VA/PERS, she's not dipping to hard into my preffered tobaccos

vabriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 24, 2012
It's not as common as a man with a pipe in our culture but I think it's cool when a lady smokes one.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
I am very happy to see a woman smoke a pipe. We need more of them to do so.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

joshwolftree

yeah it's a ten to fifteen minute smoke max, which works well for a nail addict like her. She would ussually take one of my pipes and light it the it would either sit a few hours till she was ready to smoke again or I'd finish it. The mini gets smoked all the way through and is just the right amount of smoke for her.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
i believe Georges Sand smoked cigars. now that's sexy - a woman smoking a cigar. that said, Ms Sand was a bit ahead of her time, but even so - that would make it something of a 19th century question, i think.

wnghanglow

Mar 25, 2012
Just like men it can look silly or sexy. When some young man brandishes his pipe for attention and isn't sure how to light a pipe he looks dumb, when a blond cheerleader tries to hold a pipe to get the attention of guys it is dumb. But if a woman is quiet and contiplating the world around her, it is atractive.

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I think it depends as far as attractiveness goes. This may be primitive of me, but hey it's the OP so here's my OPinion. My girlfriend smokes cigars (that's actually why/how we met) and I love that about her. I even tried introducing her to pipes but she didn't take to it. Which in the end I don't mind- I think that, at least in her case, the pipe seems more like a guy thing. As she says so herself, it's part of why she's sticking with cigars. That said, I'm all for anyone who enjoys the hobby taking part, and I'm sure not every woman is the same. Also, I think the pipe's the only grey area-cigars/cigarettes (I know those are a touchy subject here) are attractive across the board as long as it's not a trashy look.

I guess that's enough of me making a masogynist jerk of myself.

appointed

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 8, 2013
Hmmm. My fiance will occasionally take a puff or two off of my pipes. I never really stopped and considered whether it was ladylike or not. Although she can be a lady when the situation calls for it, she's a tomboy too and that versatility is one of the many reasons that I love her. It does seem like pipes are more associated with masculinity. There is a definite, masculine boldness there, yet somehow the art of pipe smoking can be feminine if done properly. If a woman wishes to enjoy some quality tobacco in her favorite briar or cob and relax or contemplate an issue, then I would say that it is perfectly ladylike.

snewton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 18, 2012
UK
Everybody has the right to do what they want to relax and enjoy themselves.
That being the case. from a personal perspective I do find it an un-ladylike behaviour. It is cute for my girl to occasionally take a coupla puffs for the sake of trying it but I must admit I wouldn't like her to start. I suppose I see it as my thing. Manly time to myself engaging in a masculine hobby whilst cleaning guns or working wood or getting into old man storyteller mode sat outside. I think a pipe looks awkward on a woman too, I think.
But that is just me!

Each to there own, and I wouldn't stop anyone from doing anything.

monjiro

Lurker
Mar 25, 2013
Hi everyone from Japan..ese living in the US

It's not a pipe but...

For me a woman smoking can be as sexy as a woman can be.

Also as opposite of that as a woman can be.

Manliness x Sexiness = X

X=?

Harvest of human culture maybe? too square?:)

kiseru1-600x450.jpg

kiseru2-600x400.png

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I find a woman smoking anything to be sexy. I cant stand cigarettes, but I can't deny that a woman looks hot smoking a cigarette. Just something about a woman and smoke together.

Status
Not open for further replies.