PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
I started smoking some Cornell & Diel Pirate Kake this morning around 3 A.M. at 5:47 A.M. my wife came into the computer room and ask me it the house was burning down. I told her it was this pirate kake stuff doesn't it smell good ? She said it smells like a forest fire with a lot of animals dying in it !!!!! :rofl: I love this pirate kake !

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
Yep. Xxx twist and pirate. Just good ole gritty sink your teeth into kind of a smoke.
Welcome to the boards. Always happy to see a fellow "lawn clippings with burnt tire" smoker join the ranks.

pipingruotsi

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 6, 2013
Welcome TX! and thanks. I'd been thinking about a tabac I got at a B&M before named Pirate Kake before and couldn't remember who made it. Well, now I have another one to add to my TAD list.

dcrguns

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
Here we go! My wife also thinks the house is burning down! She does not appreciate a fine tobacco like I do! :nana:

dcrguns

Aug 19, 2013
Ruidoso, NM
I know. My wife can smell the mildest most pleasant tobacco and think we are having a forest fire.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A while back, Altadis launched an aromatic, "Casanova," with a pitch for its great room note. I bought

a similar Altadis aro at the time, "Queen Anne's Revenge," which also has quite a good scent, as do

Lane's Q-1 and LL-7. All these go in rotation with Dunhill 965, which has some Lat, and Nat Sherman

536, which does also. But it's nice to occasionally please ones life partner.

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
I love the smell of animals dying in the morning. Can't wait to go deer hunting in two weeks!

txbeerboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
You guys have kept me smiling. The problem is I am going to hell I know it. I have started to take pleasure in testing the opposite sexes response to the tobacco room note. I have been stalking my wife today with Cornell & Diehl "Black Duck". I am getting the same response I get from the dog when he sees flea & tick shampoo in my hand :evil:

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I recently agrees to smoke only aromatics (or blends with nice room notes) in the house. The good news is that it led me to aromatic English blends which I'm really enjoying.

haroldt

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2013
Melbourne, Fl
Interesting - my wife much prefers C&D's Pirate Kake, and Habana Daydream over most aromatics. She also likes the Frog Morton products. So far I've tried Across the Pond and Cellars - likes them both.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
I remember lighting up a bowl of Cerberus and the wife walking in and saying "I don't know what your smoking, but that stuff smells like SHIT!"...

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Wife hates most English blends which is pretty much all I smoke. She LOVES Penzance says it smells like her grandpas house. I knew I picked good.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
In terms of room note...
My wife loves:

L.J. Peretti Oriental #40

HH Vintage Syrian

SPC Mississippi River
My wife tolerates:

Capstan Blue

Three Nuns (Current)
My wife can't believe anyone would ever smoke:

Boswell's Berry Cobbler
-- Pat

starcat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2013
I have a concubine who likes english blends but hates sweet vanilla aromatics..........
SC

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
I have to ask my wife how they smell. If she really likes it she'll say something, but otherwise she won't say a word about it. Even fired up some Lancer slices a while back and she didn't say a thing. I tend to stick to virginias while she is still up just to be polite. Break out the heavy hitters after she goes to bed.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.