PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The band lends an accent to the pipe and makes it look more finished, to me.

clangillespie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2015
Ironwood Michigan

This is a Poker I make, this is #5 of this style, the first one went to Hungary, 1 to Ireland, 2 to England, noone in the States have bought one yet, I added a Jade Inlay that was made for a guitar fretboard, I liked the nickel idea of cpjeffery11 so I made one for this pipe, it only took about 1/4 the time because I didn't have to hammer the nickel down, it is a little thinner than the quarter also, but I think it works fine, and is a hell of a lot cheaper than buying a band.

raevans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 20, 2013
Definitely with the band, it gives the pipe a very elegant look.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Both bands look great. Adds a touch of class to the pipes. Well done. :puffy:

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Gillespie,
You should befriend a jeweler in your area who can teach you how to solder silver. Then you could make bands out of sterling sheet and to any width you want. It really isn't that hard and doesn't require a major investment. The apprenticeship might only cost you a few pints at the pub too. You can do it with a handful of tools; ring mandrel, hammer, forceps and wire (for holding over flame), alcohol lamp, snips for cutting sheet and of course silver, solder and flux. You could probably find all the tools for about $20.

Status
Not open for further replies.