PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
"BREBBIA Linea A Pura"

With minor light sanding I removed the original 'reddish' stain. I then applied Carnauba wax and with a light buffing the grain now shows wonderful contrast. I really dislike these mottled factory stains unless they are being used to cover something up! Such travesty! Why would the factory cover a pipe with fine grain such as this? This pipe has no fills. The newer models have a natural finish as the last image will show.
BEFORE
BREBBIA_BEFORE1.jpg

AFTER
BREBBIA_AFTER1.jpg

brebb1.jpg

brebb3.jpg

brebb5.jpg

brebb6.jpg

brebb7.jpg

brebb9.jpg

brebb10.jpg

From Brebbia Catalog:
brebbia8_8-1.jpg

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Pipe looks 100% better! That's the way a Linea A AAA should look! Great job.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Durham, the pipe looks great & I really like how the shank ring pops now :clap: If I were looking at the before & after to purchase, I'd purchase the after all day long.
Speculating as to "why" the factory did what they did...I'd say because there is a market for it. Not all pipe smokers are looking for a contrasting grain in all pipes but still want a nice tight grain in their pipe.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Thanks gents!!
Beautiful job on that pipe....it looks so much better...what grip did you use to sand it?
Nola, I use 1200 Gator Wet/Dry sandpaper. I always use it wet on first sanding. Last thing before deciding on stain or wax I'll do a final sanding using same 1200 grit but dry.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Beautiful! Way better.

Bradley, what's wrong with Fords? I love em! :lol:

Only thing wrong with a Caddie is it a GM product.

shortyeastcoast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2013
How the hell did you sand around that black band?
Looks amazing, you're making me want to hit a bunch of my pipes with sandpaper.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
I personally think both versions were beautiful, but indeed that is awesome grain now showing. Awesome grain on briars is not common. The natural finish also goes a lot better with the stem and band.
Both versions are beautiful but side to side I would buy the natural in a heart beat over the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.