PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarfanatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2013
OK guys...we are all from different regions of the country...and as can be debated after the recent map thread claiming several distict "countries" within the usa based on culture, history, original racial/country of origin for population.......what do you usually have for Thanksgiving???

briarfanatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 27, 2013
I live in Maryland..my dad was from north Carolina....my mom emigrated to the USA from wales in the 1970's..and my wife is black and her family is from rural Virginia and Washington DC.....I was born in Miami..lived in California...and spent most of my life in Maryland but work in pa, wv, MD, delaware, nj, Va, and Dc.....and spent several weeks a year in wales growing up...what does your region have every year on Turkey day?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Hi Briar,
Thank you for this thread. This is a particularly special Thanksgiving for me as I get to celebrate it with my sister-in-law who is recovering very well from liver transplant surgery. My son and I will be traveling up to the bay area for the festivities. My family is gathering from all over the country for the event.
We'll be having a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with all of the trimmings. There will be Bird, of course, along with stuffing, sweet potatoes, cranberry dressing, a variety of side dishes, and a plethora of desserts including pies and cookies, everything made from scratch. Everyone will be contributing a dish. Thankfully, they are all gifted cooks.
I'll provide screeners of animated films for the kids to watch. There will also be backgammon contests, charades, and other forms of mild combat.
I'm reminded that I have much to be thankful for this year. I'm thankful for Leda's recovery, the love of a wonderful woman (my fianceé), a roof over my balding head, food on the table, good health, enduring friendships, and so much more.
Happy Thanksgiving to you.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Happy Thanksgiving to all my American Pipe Brethren and your family. May it be filled with plenty and love.

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
Haha love the comic, and Mickey and his gang! Happy Thanksgiving to all! I'm thankful to be a member of these forums.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
All I can say, is it's hard to "Soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by a bunch of turkeys."
Happy Thanksgiving all!

Status
Not open for further replies.