Winters here! So what's your favourite summer smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
As I was taking the dog for a walk on a miserable damp cold grey wet day, it became clear that winter was very much here, & here for a good few months to come. With my nose dripping, my teeth chattering & my balls shrinking with the cold apart from enjoying & smoking more of my Latakia blends, what else is there to look forward to in winter? So my mind wandered off to memories of smoking a Cuban on a balmy night in Havana, the first time I smoked capstan blue on a beach in Spain. So what about you lot? And I'm talking HOT weather mind, proper HOT! Linen shirt & short weather, proper heat. For me I love Kendal flake or capstan blue. Chilled white wine or gin & tonic on the side, oh roll on summer. So what about you chaps?

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I like the citrus kick of Orlick Golden Sliced on a hot summer day.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
For me, summer is all about the Burley. Old Joe Krantz, Burley Flake #1, Five Brothers, La Brumeuse, and Big 'n Burley all make it a joy to be outside with a loaded pipe.

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
A good Virginia and a tall glass of lemonade in the shade.
I bought my first linen shirt this past summer--what a game changer! I miss summer. :cry:

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
H&H Frenchy's Sunzabitches, Try Solani Blend 131 Scotch Whiskey, then a Corona...all while listening to One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer. I honestly don't know what I'll smoke on the hot days the only one I know of for sure is my constant Admiral's Choice Vanilla Cavendish.

Aug 14, 2012
Favorite smoke depends on the time of day more than the season. For me it is Bombay Court most times, some evenings Old Dark Fired, in a cob i like Stokkebye's Turkish 81.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not especially seasonal in smoking, like several others on this thread. However, this summer, with hot weather, I especially enjoyed Russ O.' tub tobacco blend in the Midtown series, the non-aro Chestnut. It has six different leafs, and yet isn't overbearing, a good engaging smoke without it being too demanding. Since it has quite a few tobaccos, I like it in wider diameter bowls -- pots, authors, diplomats, a prince and similar. Semois in a narrow bowl is also good, but that's always true, for me.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Must just be me then, I can think of nothing better on a cold frosty morning than a strong balkan blend, but on a hot day nothing worse. Latakia in the heat doesn't work for me at all. Aahh the heat, I'm thinking of a beach holiday already & it's not even December yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.