WindyCity has RealTree-branded spittoons (and Penzance)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
To meet you seasonal camo gift needs, a store in Chicago offers:

https://www.windycitycigars.com/celebrate-dad/mud-jug-spittoon-realtree-camo/
They also have some Esotericas, including Penzance:

https://www.windycitycigars.com/esoterica-pipe-tobacco/

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
Thanks for the heads up.
One thing though. I called because the zip code I put in changed to the wrong coty and I had to call and change it.
The lady I spoke with said the Penzance is a "special order" product and wouldn't ship right away. So be aware that if you order it might take a while to shop out. Just wanted to let y'all know.
Dealt with them before, great business.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I dealt with them twice and problems both times. It took almost 3 months for me to get my refund straight between them and the CC company. I will NEVER ever consider purchasing from them!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Zitotczito, I had the exact experience on the ONE purchase I attempted with them. Oddly enough it was a Penzance order, kinda like this one. No thanks.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Zitotczito, I had the exact experience on the ONE purchase I attempted with them. Oddly enough it was a Penzance order, kinda like this one. No thanks.
ashdigger, my first order was for BS and the second order was for Penzance. Both times the site took my order and both times out of stock. The hassle it took to get my refunds was beyond belief. Now not to say that the girl I talked to was very nice about the problems but the last time I was told the refunds (two separate orders on the same day) were issued and to contact the CC company.
Hey maybe things have changed there but this is one person that will never consider them in the future.

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
I too have had issues with them in the past. But success too, and success that required a phone call.
My order yesterday was fulfilled and has shipped, so I posted the alert... I prefaced the alert with the spittoon for those who know.
Just for fun, and typical of The Windy City Cigar Touring Clown Car: they sent a follow-up saying my order wasn't completed, click here! That was followed by an apology for that errror. So biz as usual.

Jun 27, 2016
Two-bag limit and showing out-of-stock now, perhaps they will have better inventory control this time. The last go-round with them had people placing orders for 10 bags at a time and they definitely did not have it all. Glad you got your money back zito.

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
Well here's to hoping my order gets filled.
I ordered two bags and after checkout I noticed my phones auto-fill in my address book put in the right zip but wrong address.
So I called and asked them to change it, lady was really nice, and said everything was good and that my order would ship out Friday since it's a special order item.
That kind of gave me pause but I'll give them the benefit and wait and see. If I don't get confirmation after tomorrow I'll give them a call and ask for a refund. Hope it's not nearly as bad of a process as described above.
I also noticed that when I ordered it said "in stock" and is now listed as out of stock.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I was just about to order some F&T Cut Virginia Plug from them but now I'll hold off.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
The problem here and please correct me if I am mistaken, but they charge your CC right away even if they don't actually have the item in stock. You then have to get a refund from them for out of stock items, which is what caused me the problems.
I would say to contact them by phone for any item you may want and make sure the person has your item in their actual hand before ordering.

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
The problem here and please correct me if I am mistaken, but they charge your CC right away even if they don't actually have the item in stock.
Yes. But it is because they have no idea what they have in stock, really.
I would say to contact them by phone for any item you may want and make sure the person has your item in their actual hand before ordering.
They called awhile back to inform me that they didn't have what they thought they had, and pleasantly worked with me (on the phone) to make an order based on what they actually had. Ten minutes later my phone rang. Again there was a problem with the items, as they didn't have what they told me they had... minutes earlier.
I don't think they are cunning masters of the business world and quick to take your money, just incompetent online retailers and just computer illiterate enough to create their own bad reputation.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
They seem to have worked untiringly to earn such a negative reputation. It can't be easy to get that many bad reviews in a more-or-less random sample.

michaelmirza

Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Two things I as a Chicagoan find humorous (and I'll admit, very culturally elitist of me):
- Despite associating themselves with Chicago in their name, their warehouse is in Lake Zurich, an hour's drive outside of the city (folks from the suburbs looooove to claim Chicago without living in Chicago proper).
- The packaging on that camo spittoon calls itself "classy."
OK, that's more than enough of my urban snobbery now. :nana:

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
Got a voicemail. Their supplier didn't have any Penzance so they're refunding my money.
At least they called me so I'll give them that.

May 4, 2015
So what is their tactic? Advertise "Penzance" or at least hope some buzz gets around about them having to draw people to their website hoping for orders for other items? This whole situation seems like dirty pool.

May 4, 2015
Hopelessly inept or deliberately misleading? All of these transactions with refunds they deal with must drive their bookkeeper batty.
Do they actually believe they'll be getting these quantities or know they won't but do it deliberately anyway?!

Status
Not open for further replies.