Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajomu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
Has anyone bought a pipe from William's Estate Briar Pipes and, if so, what was your experience?

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
Yes, I have purchased 2 pipes from him.

Great experience. Minimal packing but always ships the pipe and stem seperated, no issues.

If anyone is looking for Sixten Ivarrson pipes, he is the man! :)

I did not by anything higher up the ladder than Savinellis.

cajomu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
@donjgiles
Thanks. His listings have very little information about pipe dimension (length and weight only) and condition. Did you inquire about the pipes before purchasing them or simply buy them as described?

donjgiles

Lifer
Apr 14, 2018
I did inquire, and he is pretty good about returning emails. I think he has been doing this for a good while.

I pretty much knew what I was looking for when I bought them.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
William is a first rate guy. Honest and communications were great. Send him an email, or call. His English is much better than my Danish.
My only issue is trying to buy less than six pipes at a time.

stanwellman

Might Stick Around
Nov 5, 2011
<p>Just bought 2 pipes from William: paid for them on a Friday and had them in hand on Friday 2 weeks later. As noted above, packing was minimal, but both pipes arrived safely. William is very good at maintaining open communication and answers all questions quickly and in detail. The selection of pipes on his site forces one to be very careful nor to over-spend

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
In the past I have had several pipes from him, can't complain, packing is what it is, and if one wants to be on the safer side about the overall condition of the pipe,then it might be advisable to ask him to take some close up photos,especially from rim and stem areas.

workman

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
The Faroe Islands
I have purchased some pipes from him. As has been said,there isn't much information about the pipes on his site, but he seems to answer all questions and I have only good to say about him.

java3

Lurker
Jan 13, 2018
I have done biz w/ him before. I bought 3-4 very nice pipes on layaway which is nice of any seller to do. He could use a bit more patience, have better and multiple pics of his pipes and his website could use a bit of organization. He has a 20% off on the Other Danish selections right now (no affiliation) and I am in the process of doing some selecting right now. He also asks you to pay his bank fees, money conversion fee, PayPal, etc. He could probably use more patience but, is extremely knowledgeable, is well connected in the pipe community and his heart is in the right place. After my experiences with him I would recommend him to another piper.

Java3

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian
Status
Not open for further replies.