Will Smoking a Pipe Reduce Your Stamina?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
It is well documented that pipe smoking does indeed reduce an individuals ability to resist two tobacco-related afflictions. Although not everyone is affected by these ailments, the symptoms of these diseases can, in end-stage scenarios, be personally and financially devastating. Further research is needed, but frankly, it is difficult to pry research dollars out of the government for ailments that only affect pipe smokers. We refer to these conditions as "Orphan Diseases", and if you ever seen an orphan with a pipe, you would know how truly heartbreaking PAD and TAD can be.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
You stamina might improve if (a) you take the pipe out of your mouth before kissing her or doing other intermit oral driven functions on her (b) she is also a pipe smoker and enjoys a bowl of rough shag or Three Nuns etc. :rofl:

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
If you're worried about stamina, you're not as dedicated to pipe smoking as you should be. Keep trying.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Arnold says NO!... but I do know some pipe smokers and pipe makers I see in Chicago who are triathletes and cyclists and we all tend to be very light smokers. I ride fast 6 days a week and love the treat of a bowl every week...can't really do anymore than that and keep the speed up...

DZ004397.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Pipe smoking may reduce your stamina for doing things when you'd rather be smoking a pipe. Otherwise, it may gin up your stamina.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Reducing oxygen in the blood will of course have a deleterious effect. When I was in really good shape, as a smoker it took more effort to stay that way than for the non-smoking cops. I had to run a bit further, more often in order to stay in the shape I desired. More cardio also.
It's really very simple, screw with the oxygen in your system, you then have to pay the price.
That said, a pipe in the evening shouldn't be a problem as the effects are mostly dissipated by morning.
Depends on your intake as to the effect. But, you simply can't get around the cause and effect, screw with your blood/oxygen and the entire system becomes unbalanced.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Hmmmm ... I will say this. I have much better stamina since smoking pipe alone, as opposed to smoking cigarettes. I am a very busy guy, but try as much as I can to make time for exercise. This is just something I have noticed and observed over a period of time with my body: inhaling the smoke as in cigarette smoke and doing exercise got me winded a lot quicker, than smoking pipe. I am sure there is a reasonable explanation, as warren mentioned the whole oxygen, blood stream thingy ... but as far as I am concerned, and to answer your question, pipe smoking does affect stamina but to a whole lesser degree than tobacco smoke that is meant to be inhaled.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I sometimes smoke my pipe while taking my daily walk. I tend to complete the course faster when not smoking but it is an onerous chore. A walk with a pipe is relaxing and contributes to a contemplative state of mind. Beats the hell out of Yoga.
Pax

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Yogurt? Well, hey, some of the fruitflies from the state west of me visit our fair (read dirty old) mining town on occasion. I sometimes get to enjoy watching their wives doing their yogurt on their deck. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.