PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Have you ordered from Wilke? Any comments or thoughts? What about their house blends...their own?

Thanks.

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
House blends are definitely their own. My previous orders were all with P&W, but I understand quality has remained. Coincidentally I just placed an order with the new owner yesterday. Will let you know how it goes.
Highhat has been a longtime personal favorite.

writingraav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 11, 2018
I've been smoking 531 since last spring, two orders worth. Excellent tobacco and fast friendly service. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend buying from him. I plan on trying a couple of other blends.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've smoked most of John Brandt's Wilke tobaccos. Most of them are identical to what Carole made, and a few are even better. Carole sometimes eyeballed what she did when mixing blends, whereas John follows the recipes to the letter.
CarolinaChurchillWarden: #515 and Rumcake are two of my favorite aros. John does a great job with them. They're worth buying.
Here's a link for most of the Brandt versions of Wilke blends. The earlier reviews are at TR.com.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/jims-latest-wilke-reviews

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I was gifted some of their 524 blend from a friend and I'm pretty sure it was made with Syrian Latakia at the time. It was excellent and I would like to try more of their blends.

jeffya2

Might Stick Around
Oct 29, 2015
Ontario Canada
They have long been my favorite blends

I have 524, 191, 192 all mason jarred for 12 years, that I will never smoke, as I had to quit 2 years ago

They say only Virginia's really improve with aging but I don't really agree

If I ever get 50 posts here then I will sell my cellar off

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
@jeffya2 - Sorry to hear you had to quit. For the best, I'm sure.
Those are nice blends. I'm not a huge aromatic or burley fan but still enjoy 524 and 191. Wilke has so many good choices.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
They have long been my favorite blends

I have 524, 191, 192 all mason jarred for 12 years, that I will never smoke, as I had to quit 2 years ago

They say only Virginia's really improve with aging but I don't really agree

If I ever get 50 posts here then I will sell my cellar off
Sorry to hear that. You could post 50 times to "What am I not smoking today" thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.