PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mithrandir

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2015
I recently picked up a couple of tins of Lane Wild Hare and really liked the blend, can someone tell me a bulk blend that would be close.

Mithrandir, I really hope someone can answer this for you. I don't hear Lane products discussed much. I have been on a vanilla kick lately, so I have been trying quite a few vanilla tinned blends. This one is cheap, and on sale at Cupojoes.

I may have to try it also.

Also, if you haven't tried their cigar named blends (they have no cigar in them, and literally have nothing to do with the cigars they're named after), you might like those as well. Cohiba is an excellent vanilla aromatic.
But, don't take offence if you don't get many replies. The boys here don't know much about, or are ashamed of, using aromatics. Although, I know for a fact many of them are closet tooty fruity smokers. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not going for a match here, just something in the same ballpark that I enjoy, and that would be PC/Russ O.'s Log Cabin, which is Virginia, burley, and Cavendish. It's sold in bulk, is a mild "all-day smoke," and I think many would enjoy it quite a bit. Although individuals vary a lot in what they like. Maybe try an ounce or two and see.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Never had it but the best vanilla blend I've ever had and still love to this day is Dan Tobacco - Blue Note. It has a bourbon vanilla.
Cosmic, you ever try it? There is more going on than just vanilla though... it's freaking good!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Two others to mention, these aromatics: Iwan Ries Three Star Blue, and Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, burley with Virginia as a condiment, and flavored with 3 liqueurs, both pouch or tub.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Utilizing the vast knowledge base that is this Forum's members:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/pampc-wild-hare-pipe-tobacco#post-1036553
Lane Limited LL-7 in bulk:

https://www.cupojoes.com/lane-ll7-pipe-tobacco-toasted-burley-virginia-cavendish-sold-by-oz/

Hawky, CAO's Bella Vanilla hits all the right spots for me also. If you liked Blue Note, you'd probably like it also. The one vanilla that I was very disappointed in was G&H Kendal Vanilla. I must have gotten something different from what the reviews were raving about. It has a nasty aftertaste, like compost, and the aromatic part was more of a chocolate than a vanilla. Very odd stuff.
I took the Cohiba by Lane and sliced up a Double Ligero and mixed it in, about half and half. My eyes were rolling back into my head with extacy. Being a Lane product, it just needed a nic kick to bring it up some.
I don't know why I have been craving vanilla. But, it really sets off a cup of coffee, plus I have been told that it makes me smell great, ha ha.

mithrandir

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2015
I may give the LL-7 a try. If you haven't tried Wild Hare, it has a nice mild vanilla flavor that doesn't cover up the flavor of a really good tobacco blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.