PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife has uncanny skill at getting me pipes that are different than what I'd buy and often much more expensive than I'd buy. She's ushered me into churchwardens, an Oom-Paul/Hungarian, and a high-end Nording that I wouldn't have even considered, and I've come to savor them all. What's more unnerving, she has a bewildering way of picking out blends that turn out to be excellent. She has made off-handed comments about how she saw it in one of my pipe catalogs, but how she picked it out among blends I wouldn't like, I don't know. Right now, I think I want to pack that Nording Zebra Hunting Pipe.

cwpiperman

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2018
That's fantastic. My wife is very supportive of my journey down the tobacco "rabbit hole" after my lifelong non-smoking, and she has no issue with me smoking in my office @ home or out with her on the deck. I wonder how she'd do at picking things out????? Interesting thought....
CW

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's scary how well our partners come to know us, but also kind of nice. I reciprocate as I can. I do have a magical ability to find stuff for her -- car keys, glasses, cell phone, etc. I sort of enjoy working those "puzzles."

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
My gal has never bought me a pipe. But she did buy a very wonderful and overpriced Dunhill pipe bag. I love it. I would never have bought it for myself, but cherish it now.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Mine has surprised me with many things through the years. Basket pipes and estates, ten tins of Exotic Orange, and my second Bruce Weaver pipe was secretly commissioned by her.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
That's awesome Tom. My wife is really not interested in my pipes or tobacco. She's more interested in my little smoking room I created. Often suggestions on decor and colors etc.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
My wife has bought me several new pipes as presents. She's also is very good at finding good estate pipes in junk shops and asking me if I want to buy them.

owen

Part of the Furniture Now
May 28, 2014
My misses is under strict instruction not to because she always spends too much and I would end up with an S Bang and a long to do list.

bouwser

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 8, 2018
My wife too has been supportive. She say "if it makes you happy." I gave her several choices of Savinelli's to choose from for my birthday that is coming up. I am excited to see her choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.