PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

napulitano215

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2012
What type of other tobaccos/genres can I try that have decent room notes or specific notes to a certain type of tobacco that may be pleasant or different. So far I tried that Orlik for her and she hated it said it smelled just like cigarettes and also what I thought as well. So Virginias are out I guess...

Mar 30, 2014
wv
The wifey doesn't really mind any of the blends I smoke, but she did raise a fuss about how bad Ten Russians smelled. It must be pretty stout to provoke a complaint from outside the closed door of the mancave. :puffy:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
This review of this latest blend by Greg Pease suggests that the room note of this Virginia blend will be enjoyable.

You may have heard of its recent 'release'...The Virginia Cream The Virginia Cream

My wife can be finicky, as some days she'll like one thing, another day she'll say she hates it. But, in general she likes Virginias, because they have an herbal tea-like smell. But, since I installed the inline ventilation system, she mostly says she can't smell any of them, except cigars. Sometimes she will say that the cigars still linger a bit.

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Gentleman Caller might be worth a shot, the deer tongue (herb, not the meat apparatus 8O ) in it gets ghosty pretty quick, but IMHO this one gets high marks.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The only non-aromatics that usually get an approval of some sorts from my better half are the Virginia blends, more specifically the ones that are sweeter and have a more natural fruit flavor in the taste.
I also got a thumbs up for H&H Anniversary Cake, a great VaPer.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
I smoke what I like, and I smoke it outside so Idgaf what anyone else thinks of the room note. I agree with the person who said they don't get Virginia Cream. I can't stand the smell or taste of bourbon. Mix a teaspoonful of cube-cut black cavendish in a 1.5 oz tin of any Va or VaPer, let it set a week and you've got a goop-free non-ghosting aro that smells great, doesn't taste like crap, and with enough nic so it doesn't smoke like hot air.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
My wife smokes too, so I never get any complaints. However, when I occasionally smoke around other family and friends I usually smoke a couple of blends from the online store, Just For Him. The blends I like and always get positive comments on are Whiskey Biscuit Gravy, and Shortcut to Mushrooms. They are kind of an aro crossover containing a small amount of latakia, making them a little like the Frog Morton blends.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
The only one to date that she finds "stinky"as she puts it, is Nightcap.... she'll tolerate it but she lets me know for sure how she feels about it. She seems to like FM's Cellar and Shortcut to Mushrooms allot!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just for smelling good, Lane's LL-7 and Altadis' Queen Anne's Revenge and Casanova are quite pleasant. In non-aros, I think the original Frog Morton and PC's HH Chestnut are not objectionable. But it varies from nose-to-nose. Some people can tolerate nothing, and others can tolerate everything, and most people pick and choose and you never can tell. It's in the nose of the beholder, you might say.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
napulitano215:

So Virginias are out I guess...
Not so. Different blends have different room notes, even within the same genre. I have smoked many different VA blends that have different room notes. Some are strong and some are sweet smelling.
But then again, some people think they all smell like cigarette smoke. :?

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
But, since I installed the inline ventilation system, she mostly says she can't smell any of them, except cigars.
I think that's your actual solution. People will complain about anything however because it gives them power, so consider spanking instead.

kimbiker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2014
Like some of the other posters,the other 'arf does seem to like the Lakeland aromas...G & H Rum flake, rich dark honeydew etc,they do get her attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.