PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Wife "What are you smoking?". ME "It's called Cerberus", Wife "That smells like shit"....Nuff said... :rofl:

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
First time I ever smoked a latakia blend in the presence of my girlfriend:
"That stinks. That's not what you normally smoke, is it?"
"No. This is latakia"
"It's awful"

My wife has lots of silimos when it comes to tobaccos; hot tea, herbally, dumpster fire, a sorority girl in a bikini on fire, burning tires, sophistocated, an old man's truck, pipe-y, etc... She does some humorous public speaking, so she has a touch of a gift with words. Me words no good much, so I just steal hers. :puffy:

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
While reading this thread to my wife, she admitted "I'm too nice to say that it smells like but shit, but actually there were many times where I wanted to say that." :puffy:

Mar 30, 2014
wv
This is a great thread.
There's only one blend I'm banned from smoking in the house. Ten Russians
Quote from the wifey

"That smells like a burning tire."

seagullplayer

Jan 30, 2014
Indiana
"Maybe you should try some of my potpourri you hate, cause it would smell much better than whatever that is you are smoking now."
I mistakenly opened a tin of the frog in the house once.
"I try very hard to keep this place clear of black mold, I would rather you not drag cans of it in here."
She likes the smell of some blends, but she is sure to let me know when she thinks I made a mistake. :)

mackeson

Mar 29, 2016
my ex-wife re: Edwards Drury Lane (re-labled 1Q) - "Smells like vanilla cigarettes."

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Me: calmly and happily smoking either Quiet Nights or Gaslight.
Wife, stepping into my smoking lounge(the garage): "OMG, what is that??!!! Smells like a rotten silage fire, AFTER the dead birds fell in, on a hot humid night, downwind of an industrial chicken farm next to a wretchedly stagnant holding pond."
Me: "Why thankee kindlee, ma'am." (back to calmly and happily smoking)
Such blends usually elicit such responses... it's kind of become a game now, all in good fun of course, to see how the metaphors, similes, allusions, etc, can run on.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
The first....and only time I lit up a bowl of Haunted Bookshop in our house I was greeted with a firm: NO...just NO! Luckily I didn't care for it, so no bother in keeping it around for lunting. Mind you this is a woman who actually enjoys the smell of Latakia and has never complained about any other Burley tobacco, as I smoke a lot of Solani ABF, but whatever topping is on Haunted Bookshop is not welcome in our home!

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
My wife's best one was, "At least your jeep doesn't smell life cigarettes anymore". I'll take that as a compliment any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.