Pipes Magazine » General Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Why We Can Never Go to the Vegas Show...

(19 posts)
  1. zack24

zack24

Mod

Login to Send PM

One of my favorite events is the Vegas Pipe Show, but Greta and I can never go because it’s always a conflict with the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show which is our biggest event of the year. Oh well...I still was able to eat, drink, and occasionally smoke a pipe after the show..(and if this show looks big- it’s because it stretches for over a mile- the boats in the background are in the 150-220' range..) here are a few random pics of us, clients from Puerto Rico, and a few Boat pics...

http://a64.tinypic.com/2q2258h.jpg

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Those shows always look like fun. My buddy is floating around there somewhere this weekend, window shopping.

Al

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. zack24

zack24

Mod

Login to Send PM

We enjoy it, but it's a very intense 5 days...another 2 hours and we're done...Surprising how much we're seeing from clients in Puerto Rico...they may not have power other than generators, but they still are buying very nice boats...:)

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. huntertrw

huntertrw

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

zack24:

I'll be happy to spell you next year so that you and Miss Gretta may attend the Vegas show!

Love Me, Love My Pipe
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. deathmetal

deathmetal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

What a nice-looking couple.

Boats? I live in a nice flat territory. I hear that boats float, and you can catch fish off of them.

Sounds fun.

"My own experience has been that the tools I need for my trade are paper, tobacco, food, and a little whiskey." -- William Faulkner

The Metal Mixtures
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. zack24

zack24

Mod

Login to Send PM

I'll be happy to spell you next year so that you and Miss Gretta may attend the Vegas show!

That sounds like a plan, but half of our business is in Espanol....Greta is priceless!!

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

People with money enough to buy those huge beauties often don't spend so much time on them. 'Be nice to just own a nice one, find an appealing mooring, and live there, but I think few do. Looks like a dynamic event.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. deathmetal

deathmetal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

mso489 writes:

Be nice to just own a nice one, find an appealing mooring, and live there, but I think few do.

A friend of mine has done exactly that, although with a less fancy boat. He likes it. I think there are possibilities here...

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. huntertrw

huntertrw

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Zack24:

No, el español hablado no es una de mis fortalezas lingüísticas, así que podría estar en alguna desventaja con cierta de su clientela. También, por favor perdóneme por deletrear mal el nombre de la señorita Greta!

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. nevadablue

nevadablue

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Zack, you are a lucky man. Being with your beautiful lady in a beautiful place. I can't imagine why anyone would ever choose to go to Vegas for anything. I had to (frequently) travel through there for my work a couple of decades ago and absolutely HATE the place. A sewer, IMO.

OK, I will leave now.

---
    Ken
    Posted 1 year ago #
  11. deathmetal

deathmetal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well... not a Vegas fan, either, as a place to live. A place to visit? Hmm. I still owe one hotel for the sheets we used to escape when the suite party got too intense...

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. ashdigger

ashdigger

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well, I'm born and raised in Vegas and love this town. So I guess I won't visit whatever shithole you guys are from.

Ubi Ignis Est?
    Posted 1 year ago #
  13. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Tim my wife says if she could live anywheres it would be Vegas. She's the smart one in our marriage.

The Old Cajun
    Posted 1 year ago #
  14. nevadablue

nevadablue

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sorry Tim, no offense to you. I'm a hillbilly at heart. Too much 'light' in Vegas for me.

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If you go out only during the day, the neon is way less noticeable. (!)

LV is very unique, at least in my experience of just about every major city in the USA.

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  16. jvnshr

jvnshr

Mod

Login to Send PM

That's a good reason for not being able to visit the Vegas show actually. I've been to Boat Show once in Seoul, I've heard that Koreans were one of the best yacht builders in the world. I will try to dig up the pictures and share here.

Javan
    Posted 1 year ago #
  17. zack24

zack24

Mod

Login to Send PM

Greta won't let me go to Vegas anyway- I told her the next time I go, I going to take the jump off the Stratosphere Tower ... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IsRbipctKTk

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am just now getting my truck unloaded from doing an art festival this weekend myself. It looks like you guys had a great time, and great to hear that business is good. Maybe after a few more art shows I can buy a boat, ha ha. Mrs. Cosmic and I do occasionally talk about selling off everything and just buying a boat to drift around in, but I'd probably have to work on my knot tying skills first.

Michael
    Posted 1 year ago #
  19. deathmetal

deathmetal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cosmic, you don't need just any boat... you need a Royal Yacht.

(epic, crushing silence punctuated by groans)

I'll show myself out.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   ssjones, mikethompson, jfred, chasingembers