Why Isn't There a Menthol Flavored Aromatic?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
36 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
New Cigars
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I wouldn't want to smoke it, but I'm sure people switching from cigs or someone really into mint would love a menthol aromatic, so is there a reason no one is producing one?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Years ago there was a blend called "GreenBriar" that was menthol. Had a friends dad who would smoke it when he had a cold...

Jan 8, 2013
There's a blend called The Good Stuff/Menthol. I just did a search and found it. I'm pretty sure I've seen another menthol pipe tobacco at one of our sponsors sites. I just don't recall which site I saw it. Doesn't sound very appealing to me, but I can see how a menthol smoker might be interested if switching to the pipe.

rmason

Jan 27, 2013
Need to watch it though cuz a lot of those menthol "pipe tobaccos" are actually cheap RYOs.
Took the words right out of my mouth Roth.

~Ron

piperl12

Apr 7, 2012
I cannot imagine wanting to smoke a menthol pipe tobacco but to each his own I guess.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Roth beat me to it. There's plenty of menthol "pipe tobacco" on the shelves at my not-so-local beer & tobacco mart. Right next to the tubes!
That said, better deny that it's RYO lest we find pipe tobacco succumbing to cigarette level tax right here in the good ole USA, home of the brave ya know.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I understand that there are moves underway to ban Menthol in cigarettes.I don't know if that would apply to pipe tobacco..That's if it happens of course.

jarit

Can't Leave
Jul 2, 2013
I understand that there are moves underway to ban Menthol in cigarettes
EU just voted on a plan to ban menthol cigarettes by 2022.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10364709/EU-bans-packets-of-10-and-menthol-cigarettes.html

petergunn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 3, 2013
Years ago there was a blend called "GreenBriar" that was menthol.
yep I used to smoke it, wasn't half bad but then I used to smoke Field&Stream also. :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Menthol sounds really unappetizing, and no thanks from me. But aromatics in a huge array are sold. Most I wouldn't touch.

Some are good by de-emphasizing the flavoring, which is probably the best approach, to let the tobacco flavor surface.

For a menthol kick for a cold or cough, Hall's Mentholyptus cough drops will about do it for me. They get the mucus flowing

and settle a cough, to a degree. By the time I want those, I don't want to smoke a pipe. But there is a vast catalog of aros.

Look at them! Hundreds, maybe thousands.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
@Roth

I looked up McClelland's Captain Cool. No mention of menthol in it, only mint. Never tried the stuff. Watch out, McClelland will fire you as their undercover employee! :D

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
No offense, but that just sounds pretty disgusting, and would just about destroy a pipe forever...

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
One could smoke menthol pipe tobacco if they were down with a cold... :mrgreen:

supdog

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Here's some: http://pipesandcigars.com/albufrmibyou.html#.Ul818D_-t2A
One reviewer said it tasted like a peppermint patty. I also read on P&C's blog that Russ had blended a blend that tasted like a York peppermint patty.

Status
Not open for further replies.