PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
The past few weeks have been interesting to say the least . Back surgery and a bad infection in my arm . The daughter had knee surgery . The wife lost her voice . The emergency room has seen the whole family more than once . Two MRIs . And a pharmacy bill higher than a car payment . Hell even the new dog went to the vet . The only thing that is healthy is our Jack Russell and she needs to lose weight . And we had five dead trees removed from the yard . As a end result no eating out ,no trips to the mall , no going to the movies etc etc ... But the one thing I do not have to worry about is my supply of pipe tobacco . Life can throw you some curve balls every now and again and things always get better . But for now I am glad we live a frugal life and plan ahead . I hope to be back to my PAD and Tad again in a few more weeks . By the way everyone is fine and just about all healed up . I hope .8)

joshy

Might Stick Around
Aug 26, 2011
Sorry to hear about all the troubles/Happy to hear you're all about done healing up. :)
I just started cellaring myself. I don't have a lot, but I guess it's for the same reason as you. "You NEVER know."

physiognomy

Lurker
Aug 15, 2012
USA
Great, now I have a logical & rational argument to help justify buying ridiculous amounts of pipe tobacco ;o) In all seriousness, I'm glad your family is on the mend & hope that life is a little smoother for a while.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Best of luck going forward...
I'm the same way, I've had plenty of rough patches but I'm never short of smoking material because it is so perfect for storage.
I've given up buying aromatics and curtailed my purchases of English blends because I want tobaccos that will last me for a long time, whether or not I regularly smoke my pipes. I will probably rely upon the scattered bulk/tin purchase to alleviate my variety cravings but for the most part I'm going to stick with Virginias and Va/pers.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'm saddened to hear that you've been through so many changes in such a short time.

But it's good to know that things seem to be on the upswing. :clap:

85royals

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 5, 2012
I have a buddy that laugh when I send in a order every month I get 100 dollar order from Pipesandcigars.com and it has at least 1lb of something and some tins so on a so forth I hope to have about 10lbs by Jan 1 just for cases like yours because it could be a case like mine or any one

Good that your all getting better

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Sorry things are bad mate but happy to hear they are improving. Cellaring is a good idea for sure. Your post made me take a look and I am up to 22 pounds of assorted tins an jars right now. If I ever get my baccy from jaysin lottery raffle, that will make an additional couple pounds. Good for a while yet.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Dang, Igloo. When it rains it pours. Hopefully, the light at the end of the tunnel is not a freaking train. Hang in there and that is good advice. Stock up while you can because you never know what is around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.