Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Some tobacco blends just create a smoking experience so enjoyable that I find myself wondering, "Why do I ever smoke anything else?"
Best Brown No. 4 is that blend today. A little classic hardcore, a quiet smoke, and the world falls into a sense of order...
Of course, Royal Yacht is another, but you all knew that.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Brown #4 is good, but Royal Yacht an five brothers are my main stay. Have 5 lbs headed my way.

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I've been feeling this way about OGS and red cake 5100 for several months now...
Finally broke away and popped a tin of blackwoods flake that has been sitting on the shelf for almost a year. Forgot how much I like this one. Been smoking it almost exclusively for 2 days now.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I like variety. Any blend, smoked too regularly, loses its charm for me.
But I find myself dipping into the Chatham Manor tub more often than anything else these days. I suppose it's the ease of having a mildly flavorful smoke that is consistent that does it for me.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I say that exact thing when I'm smoking some of my favorites but when it comes down to it, I have to have variety otherwise I get bored. But I say that to myself the most when I'm smoking....
Condor Plug/LC/RR.
I do love the Brown #4 almost as much as Brown Irish X and Brown Bogie. Those are all very similar with subtle differences.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Happy Brown Bogie / Brown Twist Sliced is a personal favorite. Burns well, the right amount of Nicotine, and mild but sweet flavor for those who are not sweet tooth types.
Also mixes brilliantly with other blends, including Dark Burley with a pinch of Perique, which makes for a total powerhouse smoke.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Right now, it's Carter Hall and a 50/50 mix of MacBaren Scottish Mixture and Light Burley. I'm really on a Burley kick right now, but I love Virginia flakes as well and will, I'm sure, switch back to one of them soon to avoid burning out on Burley the way I did with Latakia.
Tim

zerohunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2017
Agreed. Carter Hall is a mainstay for me. Luckily it will survive the FDA (right?)

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I really like variety BUT I go on benders where I'll only smoke one blend for a few days (roughly 30 bowls give or take) and can't imagine why my cellar has the variety it does AND THEN BAM!!! I dive right back into variety mode.
The four blends that seem to trip my bender trigger the most are St. James Flake, FVF, P.S. Navy and OGS
S.G. X Sweet Rope is a nightly smoke even during benders, but it's Nic hit is too much to smoke during the day in "auto smoke" mode.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Huh, I really need to revisit FVF - it didn't float my boat, but I go on similar benders with PSNF and OGS, and several members who have similar tastes rave about FVF.

aimlesswanderer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2016
I tend to keep going back to Coniston Cut Plug Unscented, although I do smoke the odd bowl of something else in and amongst just to break it up a bit. I could probably stick with CCP U/S, Condor, and something like MacBaren Cube or SG Palace Gate and not get bored oscillating between the three.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
I guess we all have a favorite. But it seems everyone here likes a little(or a lot) variety.I haven't met but a few (no body) who has said I'll only smoke X and nothing else. ;-)

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
For me it's PS luxury twist flake. My brother smokes only Nat Sherman 509. The first time he smoked black cavendish was about 25 years ago. We were in Savannah for a few days for St. Patrick's day and it was love at first smoke.
Good point crash.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have tobacco AD/HD. I will be going along, 8-10 bowls into something, say a VA, then POW! Squirrel moment and I am off on a tangent blend far removed what had so recently held my full attention, so like a Lat bomb. 2 bowls later, BAM! I am on a completely different tangent, Cherry or Peach, maybe. Then it hits me, It was like a full meal! Salad, Meat, and Dessert!
Or Not. Sometimes it is lat, lat, va, aro, oriental, cigar.
Who knows? It is wherever my AD/HD Palette will take me.

Status
Not open for further replies.