PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
I know I don't post that often but I read the forums everyday and sometimes when I read things that happen to good people I get moved. Such is the case with Irishsmoker. Obviously thankful for his service to our country and not only is he now left with a major handicap only to lose his treasured blackthorne.

I think it wouldn't be much as a community here and a wonderful gesture if we each contribute something small so Irish can get himself a new cane. Who's with me?

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
I'm in mctrav always willing to help a brother in arms. I have a close friend who teaches Irish Stick fighting who gets blackthorn canes from Ireland. Leave it with me for a couple days to see what I can come up with. Worst case scenario they are about 70pound sterling and about 3 weeks delivery if they are in stock. Glenn might have one at his dojo that he would part with for a good cause. I'll report back after a few phone calls.

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
Not really sure what 70 pound sterling means but sounds good, hopefully some more good folk will come forward here.

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
Hey Irishsmoker is there a specific length that you use? My objective originally was to raise money and transfer it to you via Paypal and u pick it out but if piperl12 can get one we may need some dimensions preffered.

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
That's totally fine zanthal moral support is good too these days. I'm a poor fool myself but I will just buy one less tin this month to help out.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
If I remember correctly from when his Pete fell off the mantle and broke Irish doesn't use PayPal. Maybe he does now. Whatever works best to get it to him. My first post wasn't so clear. Count me in for sure.

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
That's what I was figuring , that whoever was in just send it to his account and he chooses what to get. Any amount is cool, some may want to do a lot or a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.