Who's Giving Up Pipe Smoking for Lent?

(80 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by hfearly
  • Latest reply from rlunderhill
  1. hfearly

hfearly

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The traditional purpose of Lent is the preparation of the believer—through prayer, penance, repentance, almsgiving, and self-denial. Its institutional purpose is heightened in the annual commemoration of Holy Week, marking the death and resurrection of Jesus, which recalls the events of the Passion of Christ on Good Friday, which then culminates in the celebration on Easter Sunday of the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
    During Lent, many of the faithful commit to fasting or giving up certain types of luxuries as a form of penitence

Any fellow Christians who decided to refrain from smoking a pipe for the duration of Lent?

Suffering from a serious case of "EPARD", also known as the Estate Pipe Acquisition and Restoration Disorder.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. dervis

dervis

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have in the past. This year it ia reading other than work and worship.

"You have to be a man first before you're a gentleman. "

John Wayne
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

slimpiknz

Login to Send PM

While it was the go to self-denial for me (I still can quit on a dime), I'll give up other killers like fatty foods this year.

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. taerin

Eric

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Being a non-believer has its perks every once and a while, much respect to those who do of course

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
    Mark Twain
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

I don't do lent, but kudos to those who chose things that are hard to give up.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. drwatson

drwatson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

OH not the pipe, maybe cookies

John
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

mustanggt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

As a good Catholic boy I am giving up aromatics for lent.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. zonomo

zonomo

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@mustanggt. lol. Isnt that a little like giving up Teeth Drilling for lent in your case?

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mustanggt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ok you caught me. I hate aros so I'm not really giving up anything. But hey I got caught up in the moment man.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

instymp

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I did not see any ashes on any of my employees foreheads today, so no. (not to disrespect those with Values I respect & love). But do what feels good to you.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. jbbaldwin

jbbaldwin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My wife says I shouldn't make my penance her penance.

- Write if you get work.

- Hang by your thumbs.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  12. rondyr

rondyr

Login to Send PM

As a good Baptist, I don't have to give up anything for Lent. Bwahahahaha.

I'm so awesome, I make myself jealous of myself.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  13. User has not uploaded an avatar

bschoenb

Login to Send PM

Since I'm ADD/OCD and can't sit still... I'm using that time I engage to spend it in Prayer / Reflection while I sit still and focus upon the great sacrifice that was made for me.

http://www.catholicscomehome.org

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. mrgunnar177

mrgunnar177

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

my dad suggested this to me today
    but I only smoke maybe twice a week now so it wouldnt be that big of a thing to give up
    ill give up soda

You can buy education, but wisdom is a gift from God.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  15. radio807

radio807

Login to Send PM

My wife asked me a few days ago what I was going to give up, and I said that I would give up sacrifice this year. Unfortunately that didn't fly.

I had seriously thought about giving up smoking for Lent, but I thought better of it because I didn't think I'd be able to pull it off. I gave up my daily Tootsie Roll Pop instead. Don't laugh, it's been a longtime habit and I had a tough time of it today, and it was only the first day.

Since you have to die anyway, you might as well die from something you like.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  16. captainsousie

captainsousie

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Not Catholic so nope, respect to those who do give something meaningful up though.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  17. winton

winton

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My church does not follow lent. But I did give up the pipe during that period two years ago. We believe the work on the cross finished the job, so it is not necessary to do more. But if sacrifice helps you appreciate the true sacrifice, then great.

Winton

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am giving up Lane aromatics for lent

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. gmwolford

Greg

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

+100 Winton

Greg
    Posted 1 year ago #
  20. cdsmith

cdsmith

Login to Send PM

for what?

Posted 1 year ago #
  21. lordwolf

lordwolf

Login to Send PM

uhh nope ^_^ giving up chocolate

Smoke your pipe and be silent; there's only wind and smoke in the world. ~Irish Proverb
    Posted 1 year ago #
  22. captainbob

captainbob

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am a practicing Catholic, involved in my Parish management (Finance Council). However, I separate Man's Law from God's Law in my own mind. I personally do not feel that giving up the pipe for Lent will make me a better person spiritually. Therefore, I will give-up Lent in favor of the pipe! I mean absolutely no disrespect. I just see it a bit differently. Dedicating myself to service to others is a far greater sacrifice for me and benefits those I am helping who suffer from their particular disabilities. The pipe remains my personal reward and refuge. I do honestly practice what I am preaching in this post and I do it the year around.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted 1 year ago #
  23. mikephillips

mikephillips

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't practice Catholicism, but if I did....I think I'd probably be ok with giving up my favorite tobacco for lent, but pipe smoking completely? I'd have to think long and hard on that one.

Posted 1 year ago #
  24. flyguy

flyguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am a practicing Catholic, involved in my Parish management (Finance Council). However, I separate Man's Law from God's Law in my own mind. I personally do not feel that giving up the pipe for Lent will make me a better person spiritually. Therefore, I will give-up Lent in favor of the pipe! I mean absolutely no disrespect. I just see it a bit differently. Dedicating myself to service to others is a far greater sacrifice for me and benefits those I am helping who suffer from their particular disabilities. The pipe remains my personal reward and refuge. I do honestly practice what I am preaching in this post and I do it the year around.

Good post, captainbob.
    I am on the Protestant side of the fence and most of us do not practice Lent. I do second your opinion in separating "Man's Law from God's Law". Anyway, I am already on a diet for health considerations and quitting my pipe would push me over the edge!

“Apples for walking, and a pipe for sitting.”
    ― Samwise Gamgee
    Posted 1 year ago #
  25. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I figured I would make the ultimate sacrifice I"m gonna throw my name in the hat for POPE, I figured I can"t chase the women any more, would like to know how it feels to wear a dress, I like hats and he"s got the prettiest ones, I"m gonna cut out all that kissing my ring, not manly, and get that fellow in Sicily Amorelli to make me a pope pipe, lots of perks. And I like the saying GO MY SON. The old cajun

The Old Cajun
    Posted 1 year ago #
  26. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

You're a riot, Bradley

Posted 1 year ago #
  27. flyguy

flyguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Bradley for Pope!!! You've got my vote!
    You can wear your patented smoking shorts instead of that funny hat!

Posted 1 year ago #
  28. mikephillips

mikephillips

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I figured I can"t chase the women any more,

Well, you can still chase 'em, you just need to pick the slower ones in the pack if you want to actually catch one.

Posted 1 year ago #
  29. fnord

fnord

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm a practicing, knee bending Episcopalian - one of the tightest derivatives of the Catholic faith - and am involved in my parish: Head Usher, Lay Reader and Endowment Board. Lent is that time of deep mourning in our respective churches were we commemorate the death of Christ and his resurrection. Giving up something special we enjoy just serves as a reminder of what Christ gave up for us. This year, I'll give up bread and just about anything made with flour. To me, that's a pretty small price to pay for the next six weeks.

I'll try to attend an extra mass or a stations of the cross or even read the Bible every week. But being inconvenienced is my trigger.

Of course, YMMV.

As to a new Pope, Bradley would do well. He's experienced in living and he has a true heart. What more would any church or faith want in a leader?

Fnord

Posted 1 year ago #
  30. mrgunnar177

mrgunnar177

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm Lutheran by the way.

Posted 1 year ago #
  31. cynyr

cynyr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Peanut butter. I eat it right out of the jar as a snack and a dessert. I'm not Catholic and I do not attend any services, but I have respectfully observed Lent for several years.

Posted 1 year ago #
  32. hfearly

hfearly

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Peanut butter. I eat it right out of the jar as a snack and a dessert. I'm not Catholic and I do not attend any services, but I have respectfully observed Lent for several years.

I know what you mean. Whe I was working with an all-arab team I participated in Ramadan, as it didnt feel right to be stuffing my mouth when they were sitting there all miserable and hungry, and Im not a Muslim. Right around that tome I was also moving and I can tell you all in all it gave me really new appreciation of food and sacrifice, I was pretty impressed how they do it. Makes Lent appear like a walk in the park.

Posted 1 year ago #
  33. mkelaw

mkelaw

Login to Send PM

If someone would make me a Cardinal, I'd vote for Bradley in a New York heartbeat and for all the right reasons, especially the fact that he's not chasing women anymore, an important attribute for prospective Popes.

Posted 1 year ago #
  34. cajundad

cajundad

Login to Send PM

Another vote for Bradley ! Lol . I haven't had much time for posting on the forum , but , I had to respond to this one . Kuddo's to all of you who do lent . It's flu/pneumonia season so I Already give up my life this time of year .

"A pipe is the fountain of contemplation, the source of pleasure, the companion of the wise; and the man who smokes, thinks like a philosopher and acts like a Samaritan."
    -Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton
    Posted 1 year ago #
  35. undermidnight

undermidnight

Login to Send PM

I am Methodist so we do practice Lent. I give up giving stuff up for Lent every year.

On Ash Wednesday, I smoked Black House all day. (BTW.. my hat is off to those who do practice Lent.)

Jason

Oh yeah.. my pastor wants to get a pipe

"The cosmos is also within us. We're made of star-stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
    Posted 1 year ago #
  36. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Doesn't smoke billow up through the vatican when they choose a new pope. Maybe that could be Bradley, huffin on his new Rad Davis.

Posted 1 year ago #
  37. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thank the Lord for PipesMagazine without which our lives could not be so enriched by the wit and wisdom of Pope Bradley the old cajun.

I was raised Catholic but not active in the church now. Giving up pipes for Lent is a tough one. I'm really into pipes now. I'm sure that at the time Jesus was really into life too and he gave it up for much longer than several weeks. Lots of food for thought there.

Posted 1 year ago #
  38. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thought this thread would be an appropriate place to post this...for anyone who may not have seen it before. Written in 1970 by a Seminary student, Arthur D. Yunker.

Toward a Theology of Pipe Smoking

http://markneal.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/theology_of_pipesmoking_part_1_of_2.pdf

“Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out.” – George Carlin
    Posted 1 year ago #
  39. undermidnight

undermidnight

Login to Send PM

Thank the Lord for PipesMagazine without which our lives could not be so enriched by the wit and wisdom of Pope Bradley the old cajun.

Amen to that brother.

Jason

Posted 1 year ago #
  40. pipeinhand

pipeinhand

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hmm that is kind of strong, maybe I will only use matches and give up lighters.

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of
    anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life,
    nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
    Posted 1 year ago #
  41. hfearly

hfearly

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

http://markneal.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/theology_of_pipesmoking_part_1_of_2.pdf

I loved page 25: "The ethical pipesmoker will not smoke aromatic tobacco".

Posted 1 year ago #
  42. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I loved page 25: "The ethical pipesmoker will not smoke aromatic tobacco".

I can say amen to that. But I suspect there are those among us who will stray from the pure doctrine on this point.

Posted 1 year ago #
  43. msandoval858

msandoval858

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm already in the middle of dieting, hitting the gym, and due to work and kids have only had time to smoke one (literally just one) pipe in the past three weeks. Hence why I haven't been posting much here.

I think I've given up enough

Mike
    Posted 1 year ago #
  44. scurvydog

scurvydog

Login to Send PM

After spending 90 minutes in mass last night,after having to park 600 yards from the Church, I decided to give up watching football.

Posted 1 year ago #
  45. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Im giving up lint for lent.. no disrespect to anyone here I just wear a lot of black...wait I'm not even catholic... ARG! You may have won the battle lint! But not the war!

Posted 1 year ago #
  46. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Bradley...hahaha...and I bet as pope you could get someone to sew a pipe holder on your skivvies.

I know what I need, smoke, I can't recall the last time I tasted it....Gandalf in the mines of Moria.

"we shall have to share pipes, as good friends must at a pinch'....'I keep a treasure or two near my skin, as precious as rings to me. Here's one: my old wooden pipe. And here's another an unused one...He held up a small pipe with a wide flattened bowl, and handed it to Gimli. 'Does that settle the score between us', said Merry. 'Most noble hobbit, it leaves me deep in your debt."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  47. hfearly

hfearly

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Posted 1 year ago #
  48. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

I was trying to figure out what to give up for lent, but the Pope set the bar pretty high......

Al

Posted 1 year ago #
  49. cynyr

cynyr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That pic of Papa Bradley made my day! Excellent work, hfearly!

Posted 1 year ago #
  50. brian64

brian64

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

That pic of Papa Bradley made my day! Excellent work, hfearly!

+1

I was trying to figure out what to give up for lent, but the Pope set the bar pretty high......

Posted 1 year ago #
  51. flyguy

flyguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Love the pict of Pope Bradley I.

Posted 1 year ago #
  52. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Picture reminds me of the documentary " Religulous"...(Religion and ridiculous together) when they say, " the higher up you are in your religion, the sillier the costume you wear)

Luckily I discovered rational thinking and reversed the brainwashing I received as a Catholic youth. Like Pope John Paul said, "The concept of Hell has served the church well through the years, but it's time to put it to rest" Lent is so silly.....You are beaten silly every week with the concept that you are an awful sinner and have to go tell your sins to another human being who somehow is a lot closer to God that you will ever be, and has the ability to know exactly how many specific prayers you need to say to get absolution. But don't forget to put some extra money in the plate too, as that will help keep you out of Hell as well. Religion takes in 3.83 Billion every year here, they keep 98.6% of it for themselves(yeah, you do the math, doesn't leave much for Mission work does it?), they pay absolutely zero taxes, and they always need a little more.

Talking snakes, a flood that rose the entire water surface 29,001 ft (it had to cover Mt. Everest you know), 8 people gathering up over 2 Million species and putting them on a boat only 1/2 the size of the Titanic, I could go on and on, but all the Sheeple believe every word of it. Everyone thinks that the other religions people beleive in on Earth are delusional, it just keeps dividing us a global family, Century after Century.

Now lets all get together and put Religion right along with Politics as two subjects that need to be BANNED from Pipes Magazine. Religion is a Cancer that afflicts the world, as more people have been killed over it that any other reason so far. There are political and religious forums on the Internet for these discussions. To the Original Poster, sorry, I couldn't help myself, forgive me as I've sinned again.

Where's a Moderater when you need him? Let's shut this puppy down ( it is just a matter of time for this to happen anyway).

P.S. Dont' forget to read Psalm 137.9 today

Earth: The Insane Asylum of the Universe. Nowhere else could things be more messed up.

Does a culture based on separation and competition, of scientific sophistication and mideval religion, offer happiness even as it ravishes the Earth that sustains it?
    Posted 1 year ago #
  53. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Allright Hobie, you now owe us at least a dozen acts of contrition!

Posted 1 year ago #
  54. jbbaldwin

jbbaldwin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm not sure an anti-religious screed is called for here, as the O.P. simply asked if anyone was giving up pipe-smoking for Lent.

Luckily I discovered rational thinking

So did I, and I consequently joined the church you left.

But: I will agree with you on the merits of Penzance every day of the week.

Posted 1 year ago #
  55. dervis

dervis

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Catholic bashing. That is what was missing. I knew this post was strangely respectful.

Posted 1 year ago #
  56. mctrav

mctrav

Login to Send PM

What's Lent? Lol

Posted 1 year ago #
  57. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm with jbbaldwin

Posted 1 year ago #
  58. joshwolftree

joshwolftree

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hmmm Lent you say? Fortunately enough, my religious path does not require me to sacrifice anything at any prescribed time of year. Though I may occasionally find myself making sacrifices as acts of charity.(IE:Rather than eating out at work I eat ramen and donate the extra budget to a food shelter.) However this is not a tenant of faith so much as I feel that I need to do something to put some extra goodwill out into the universe. I feel that my giving up my pipes for any period of time would be counter to this, as I am a slave to nicotine. I would do more damage to people than good for anyone while going through withdrawals. Unless someone feels like giving up a straightjacket for lent and wants to let me borrow it

PS:Hobie I am not sure why you feel this thread should be closed, I must say, while I am not a member of anything even closely resembling an Abrahamic faith, I see nothing even remotely offensive or inflammatory concerning this thread which has been up now for nearly a week without incident or blatant bashing of any faith. Nor is it bashing a lack of faith. The question was simply put as to weather any other pipe smokers believe that giving up pipe smoking was an acceptable activity in observance of a ritual, in essence it would be similar to myself asking if anyone new of a good tobacco to mix in with a set of herbs to use in the creation of a sacred prayer tobacco.

The true measure of a mans worth is how he chooses to chance his mortality
    Junior Member of the Black Bloods
    Posted 1 year ago #
  59. hfearly

hfearly

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

+1 josh

Posted 1 year ago #
  60. User has not uploaded an avatar

htmn246

Login to Send PM

I have decided to give up Christianty for lent. LOL. Since I'm a pagan Lent in of no importance to me. But I respect those who honor their beliefs.

Posted 1 year ago #
  61. yadan

yadan

Login to Send PM

"I am Methodist so we do practice Lent. I give up giving stuff up for Lent every year."

How I love deep philosophical machinations!

As an observant Jew, I wish all the best to my Christian brothers, no matter what their approach to Lent may be.
    As an avid pipe smoker, I was in a dilemma concerning the Shabbat (Sabbath), which is a day to be truly enjoyed, but on which there is a Biblical injunction against causing a fire to burn (Exodus 35:3) - which would seemingly forbid any kind of smoking.
    But as the saying goes - "Where there's a will, there's a way." And so, the flameless, coil butane lighter neatly circumvents the ancient commandment, which was obviously given since starting a fire involved some measure of creative work.

May the spirit live on in all of us!

"I'm always easy to please since I'm always satisfied with the very best." - Oscar Wilde
    Posted 1 year ago #
  62. pipeinhand

pipeinhand

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hobie. Where did you get your facts? There are 1.1 billion Catholics, 1.6 billion Muslims, about 500 million Protestants and many other millions of other religions in the world. So if only half gave $2 a year it would be more than 3.83 billion dollars. I think the fleecing is WAYYY higher than that.

Posted 1 year ago #
  63. rcstan

rcstan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

@hobie .... that was rude. Just rude.

To the OP : I will try to cut down on the pipe for Lent. For us Eastern Orthdox though, Lent starts next month since our Pascha/ Easter is on 5th May due to the differences in calculating Paschal date in the East and the West .

Posted 1 year ago #
  64. joshremy

joshremy

Login to Send PM

I would actually think smoking more pipe would be perfect for lent. Lent isnt simply about "giving up" but rather filling the void created by giving something up. If a person gives up snacks then he should pray, talk to God or read some scriptures whenever his body reminds him he is hungry. If someone has given up caffeine, he should do the same, or maybe think of something good to do for someone when he gets his withdrawal pains. Being as pipe is a very meditative activity, I would think such a time as that spent with the pipe would be perfect for such activities. We have a hard enough time slowing down in our culture today that we dont always sit and meditate during such a meditative activity as the pipe.

So for lent, dont just give up; fill up! Fill up the bowl, fill up your spirit, and fill up the life of someone you can serve! But thats just my take. I'm an Army Chaplain, a Pentecostal who went to a conservative baptist seminary, who married a methodist, and attends catholic mass. I do lent, and as other practices, I look to why and try to make it applicable with purpose beyond simply "we do it because we just do".

--

As for the anti-catholic/ anti-religion sentiment that was expressed by one member: Applicable and informed faith is as rational as it gets. Anti-faith sentiment justified by a false sense of ration and reason, due to a personal and irrational intolerance for faith is simply sad and heart breaking. It reflects a deeply rooted pain within the heart expressed through confused hatred. I hope you find healing.

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." - G. K. Chesterton
    Posted 1 year ago #
  65. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

On a serious note I was just haveing a little fun, I am not a practicing Catholic anymore haven"t been for years, married a Methodist and raised my children in that faith, my daughter converted to the catholic faith in her teens, I admire people of strong faith, what I practice for Lent is what I"ve practiced all my life is giveing, helping,and trying to be a good man. The old cajun

Posted 1 year ago #
  66. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

So for lent, dont just give up; fill up! Fill up the bowl, fill up your spirit, and fill up the life of someone you can serve! But thats just my take.

Pastor, that is pretty good advice to follow all year, not just during Lent. If everyone aspired to that kind of service, the world would be a whole lot better place.

Posted 1 year ago #
  67. gray4lines

Gray

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Joshremy, thanks. I especially like "finding the why in what we do". God certainly doesn't demand empty actions, but rather faith and thankfulness overflows into deliberate actions done with purpose because of what He did for us.

Lent always seems to sneak up on me, so thank you for the reminder! I think I'll hold onto the pipe this year.

Posted 1 year ago #
  68. User has not uploaded an avatar

assaad

Login to Send PM

joshremy, that was a good quick sermon to read. Thanks!

Posted 1 year ago #
  69. juvat270

juvat270

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

As for the anti-catholic/ anti-religion sentiment that was expressed by one member: Applicable and informed faith is as rational as it gets. Anti-faith sentiment justified by a false sense of ration and reason, due to a personal and irrational intolerance for faith is simply sad and heart breaking. It reflects a deeply rooted pain within the heart expressed through confused hatred. I hope you find healing.

And this is why religious threads are rarely allowed on any forum. If I respond to this quote disagreeing with it, suddenly I'm hateful and intolerant of others. Yet, as usual, the religious get a free pass...

Posted 1 year ago #
  70. captainsousie

captainsousie

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well, this and several other threads currently seem to indicate many are on their man-periods now.

Belittling me, and others, for believing is pretty childish and makes the whole argument about wanting to be let alone null.

If you want an example of intolerant behavior and belittling believers of any kind you have only to look at the implications of the following quote.

Luckily I discovered rational thinking...

The asking of a simple question about whether anybody is giving up pipe smoking for Lent is not a religious attack against you and the world. Sorry but you've become a bit oversensitive if you believe it is. The above quote however was worded to attack.

Posted 1 year ago #

Reply »

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   allan, northernneil, nurseman, cosmicfolklore, weezell, david555, daimyo, darwin, pitchfork, pruss, rsuninv, dread, bigvan, kcvet67, lochinvar, warren, briarfriar, mrjerke, chispa, mikestanley, sparks