PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
I just checked on my packages from noggins and the trackers show 'Accepted by Canada Post at 12:40am EST' 'Expected Delivery 1-3 business days' Now I'm getting REALLY anxious for them to come to my door lol!

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Ya' know... I can understand your excitement. I have read many comments from our Canadian and

European friends (Aussies too) and my heart just goes out to you. As it is (right now) I, as

an American can get a good tin of tobacco for about $10 American. I have no idea how long it'll

be that way, but I can for right now thank goodness. It won't be long though and that'll come

to an end!

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
a good tin of tobacco here will cost over $20! EF 50g at the local variety store has a tag of 21.99+ 13% tax. MacB's 7 Seas line is all 19.99+ 13% tax. I can get 16oz of MacB Regular for 19.67 onine! I pay the same price for 1lb online as I would for ONE 50g pouch here. Out on the rez its $44 for 5 x 50g pouch. Still WAY cheaper online. Tins are literally half the price or almost as much as 1/3 online. I will be placing another baccy order this weekend for some more cheap treats. And a couple nice clays from Penn Valley

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I checked the status again and my package is in town :D Even more anxious! lol

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
ONE JUST CAME!! NICE!!! Opening NOW lol!
HUGE shoutout to Rich and the gang at 4noggins! Smoking some of the Black Cavendish he threw in as a sample for me and it's REALLY good! IDK what I'm going to smoke at work tonight. Maybe some BHT I've been craving a smokey blend.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Cavendish, I'm happy to hear you finally got your tobacco order -- but my God man, you need to chill a bit LOL -- being that anxious about tracking it, knowing exactly where it is, etc. can cause a stroke.
LMAO Roth. I just came in from giving 4 of my pipes a good Baccardi 151 cleaning as well as smoking some of that most awesome FM Cellar that you recommended to me and I see Cavendish in a tizzy.
Hey man, its all good. I am the same way with toys I buy on line. When I see a package slated to arrive at my house on a certain day I decide that I need to work from home for the rest of the day :)

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I dont think you Americans understand how exciting it is to receive an order that has made it through customs without the insane taxes. I was a kid in a candy store when my shipment came in today. Its very satisfying to buy 4 tins of quality tobacco for the price of one here. Frog Morton Cellar costs $35 for a 50g tin here, so when i get a shipment on route that has 4 tins for only an extra $5 I follow it pretty closely!

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Cavendish, I'm happy to hear you finally got your tobacco order -- but my God man, you need to chill a bit LOL -- being that anxious about tracking it, knowing exactly where it is, etc. can cause a stroke.
LMFAO! I was pretty excited and still am.

This pretty much sums it up;
I dont think you Americans understand how exciting it is to receive an order that has made it through customs without the insane taxes. I was a kid in a candy store when my shipment came in today. Its very satisfying to buy 4 tins of quality tobacco for the price of one here. Frog Morton Cellar costs $35 for a 50g tin here, so when i get a shipment on route that has 4 tins for only an extra $5 I follow it pretty closely!

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
I smoked some of the Cavendish before work today and was experiencing a little tingle on my tongue, similar to Smoker's Pride BC. I stopped smoking it in fear of getting bad bite and not being able to enjoy a nice big order of tobacco for a couple days. I threw the rest of the sample in with the 50g of MacB Royal blend and it made the blend taste alot more 'old fasioned' and I liked it but still had a little tingle to it.
I smoked BHT all night at work and everyone commented on how nice it smelled and asked if it was sweet. I found it to be very flavorful burley and the latakia balance is perfect. One thing I did notice on the drive to work and that being the first bowl. The latakia has a slight floral taste and smell to it. IDK if it's b/c of the small amount used or if it's the type (C&D, McC's, etc.) he used or if there is something added to it. The moisture is perfect straight from the bag and the pipe never gurgled once. After two full bowl I check the filter and its a little moist at the top and the bottom. Pretty much bone dry.
I cannot wait for my other package to come tomorrow! I asked the mail guy today if he had another one in the van cause I'm waiting for two in total and he said no and checked the little scanner thingy he has and said it's at the pickup for him in the morning :D I hope it's here before 230 :puffy:

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
Hey Cavendish, being a fellow Canadian myself I can relate & understand exactly how you feel. Every time I make an order online I'm contantly checking to see how my order is coming along. I'm real glad your enjoying your tobacco & hope you get the rest of you order tomorrow. I can also agree at how cool it is that we are able to buy tobacco online from US retailers for prices that are way better than we would be paying here at home . Its crazy how the Canadian tobacco laws have made tobacco prices rediculous up here. Like I said before , hope you can enjoy more tomorrow.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
YESS!!! My second box came today with my Pete Tankard, and my two cobs along with some Orlick Golden sliced, Dunhill EMP, and my two tins of McC's Highlander and Supreme. I'm smoking my MM General Straight Stem right now with the remainder of my MacB Royal. I LOVE the nice deep bowl, and it smokes SO cool! This is the first time I've smoked a cob and I will definatley be adding a few more to the collection! I will get a couple stubby cobs for fishing as the longer ones don't fit in my vest too well. I am just estatic about being able to order with such CHEAP prices!! I mathed everything out and to buy only the tobacco I ordered I would've been over $340!!! Placing another order this weekend, adding more PS BEF, MacB's Regular, MacB Vanilla Flake, two more tins of FMOTT, and some noggins Painter Hills, some Altadis 1M and anything else that catches my eye.
I am one HAPPY pipe smoker today lemme tell ya's!! :puffy:

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
The first box only had like 10oz of tobacco and some pipe cleaners. The second box had 9oz of tobacco, two cobs, Pete Tankard some medico filters and some Brebbia stem polish (which works GREAT btw) When talking to Rich on the phone he said if the package is under 1kg (2.2lbs) it usually and most likley gets pushed along. I'm not worried about customs. I place small orders more frequent rather than large ones. I spoke to alot of people and did alot of research before I ordered to make sure I am within constraints of laws and all the red tape that goes along with it. If it does get stopped by customs I just send it back to the supplier ask for it to be repacked so its under weight and pay the shipping again and I'm good.
I had some hunting supplies get stopped at customs once b/c the package weighed close to 8lb. I had some boots, a coat, pants, a couple baseball caps, wool toque, and some other small stuff. They called me and said I would have to pay like $43 in taxes and duty. I still saved a shite load on the order. Same goes for baccy. If they do stop it and its a small order I'll pay the taxes and duty if not then I'll just send it back and eat the shipping costs. I plan to stock up to at least 25lb in the cellar. But like everyone else TAD will cause me to keep adding more and more lol

brassonly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2012
I myself have found that if I keep my orders at 8oz or less at a time I never get charged duty or taxes. So I just make more smaller orders & order more often. With the good shipping rates that SmokingPipes are charging for us Canadian customers it is way cheaper than bying up here .

Status
Not open for further replies.