PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
That's a bit more complicated. A thread was started by the ethereal StarCat, who only posted once in the entire scatalogical, free thought, brain spewing thread.
It turned into a stream of consciousness thread that asked critical questions including..... is a soup a sandwich and is chili a burger.
Let the brain cells flow.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sounds a little like the poet James Tate, or maybe John Ashberry, but Ashberry seldom permitted the linear progression beyond two or three lines as it was against his internal rules of verse.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
"...it was against his internal rules of verse."
Sounds like a guy who didn't know how to poet very well.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Starcat was an occasional poster who would wander off into metaphysical musings. Its hyperbolic condemnation of Peterson's quality control was the spark that ignited the infamous "Starcat" thread. Rumor has it that Starcat was so appalled by the outpouring of pure wonderful silliness that it left the forum.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Jesse, IIRC, didn't he/she/it refuse to actually name Peterson, but only referred to the company by extremely gymnastic allusion?

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Jesse, IIRC, didn't he/she/it refuse to actually name Peterson, but only referred to the company by extremely gymnastic allusion?
Yep, that's right. I tried to get a straight answer and when I didn't get one, I just figured, "screw it" and sorta went off on a screwy right brained tangent. Then the thing just took off from there. It was just amazing, about 800 or so posts of pure silliness involving a lot of members. It was fun while it lasted.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
In my short time here, I did have the pleasure of enduring smokingcricket and the infamous "Frank Method" thread. That one got out of hand pretty quickly and descended into sheer madness after a while. Never could quite figure that guy out.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The Starcat thread was still going strong at 800 or so posts when the PTB shut it down and wiped it off of the site. I think they found the whole thing kind of unnerving. I remember that some of the members were appalled by the sheer anarchy of it.
In my short time here, I did have the pleasure of enduring smokingcricket and the infamous "Frank Method" thread. That one got out of hand pretty quickly and descended into sheer madness after a while. Never could quite figure that guy out.
Smokingcricket was interesting...
It's a large population so all kinds show up here. Be thankful you missed brightleaf, whose magnum opus was a 17 page rant about the W.H.O..

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I left the Starcat fiasco at around Page Six, but it certainly didn't mourn my loss. If anything, it just rolled downhill even faster.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It finally hit rock-bottom with the Beavis & Butthead posts (I have no recollection who was responsible for those).

Status
Not open for further replies.