Who Took Advantage Of P&Cs $35 1LB Offer?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
If you didn't see it P&C is offering "Scotty's Bulk Blends, 6 different blends- 1LB for $35" this offer comes with a free Virtigo Puffer pipe lighter. Pretty good deal if you have tried one of the blends or one interests you at all. My real question though is this: Anyone own this lighter and how does it preform?

greatbrittn

Might Stick Around
May 21, 2014
Upstate, South Carolina
I have that particular lighter even though I didn't take advantage of this offer. I really like the lighter, the only downside to it is the fact you can't see how full it is, so all I do is push the butane in for 20-30 seconds and it's good for the day.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I usually use a zippo anyways and it's the same deal not knowing how much fluid is left. Thanks for the input

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
i bought one pound of the virginia blend that they had for 35 bucks. I bought a pound of stokkebye navy flake and stokkebye bullseye flake. Should be set for a while. The stokkebye blends are about 32 bucks a pound. Pretty hard to beat.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
I haven't tried any of the Scotty's blends, and a pound is a rather large sample for me...
I did pick up one of the lighters, though. As a lighter, it performs reasonably well, though it's not as reliable as my Zippo. The tool set on the front is nice, though mine came loose within a week, so I just keep them both in the little nylon sleeve.
All in all, not the worst money I've spent on a butane lighter. At least I can properly refill this one without breaking it. :D

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Scotty's Butternut Burley is fantastic IMO. They sell a crap load of it too, so I can't be wrong. The light is nice, I bought one once it didn't last long. But now with two I am not too worried about it.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I got a pound of the Butternut Burley and really like this one. The lighter is nice and has tools attached to it. I was pleased with the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.