PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavendish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2013
Just a question for all the cat owners on here.
What brand of litter do ya'll use for your cat(s)?
The company I work for is the largest volume supplier of clumping and non clumping litter in North America. We go through about 1,000,000lb of product in an 8hr shift. I'm just curious how many ppl on here buy the products we manufacture. I think it would be cool to know who supports the industry I work in :)

Dec 24, 2012
We go through about 1,000,000lb of product in an 8hr shift.
When you say "you go through it" - do you mean that you have gigantic hordes of cats that are shitting everywhere? Is this to test the product?
Sorry, two Golden Retrievers here and a major allergy to cats . . .

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
When you say "you go through it" - do you mean that you have gigantic hordes of cats that are shitting everywhere? Is this to test the product?
LMFAO!!! No. hahahaah! That's how much we package in 8hr. Quality Assurance does all the testing and they use water with a little bit of amonia mixed in. The reason being is so they can test the clumping of the clay and the odor control products we add to the clay.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
We have two cats. We used to use Feline Pine, but the younger one refused to use it after the older one had. We tried having a litter box for each, but the older one would just pee in both.
Now we use Tidy Cats non-clumping, both are happy with that.

Aug 1, 2012
I use Fresh Step for my 2 old kitties. Used to use the clay/clumping but the dust got to be too much so we switched to the crystals. It isn't as good at odor control but the dust doesn't choke you and permeate everything.

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
Cat litter? What good is it when our cats refuse to use the litter box and would rather pee on the cubboards?!

Lol we've used many brands. I'm not sure if we are loyal to just one. Maybe we are.... Who knows.
-Frank

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
My cat likes to travel in style.

kitty.JPG

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Tidy Cats is made by Purina. They are our top competitor lol.
Brands such as Exquisicat, Litter Clean, Fine Feline, Cheshire Cat, Companion, Paws, Pet Pride, Special Kitty, Amigo, Boots and Barkley, No Name Brand, Compliments, Priority, Berkley and Jensen's, etc. I can't remember ALL of the labels we run but those are the main ones that get shipped to CDA and USA.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Cav I have to confess I have about 8 cats but they are country outdoor cats, but I buy your product for oil stains, best damn absorbent made for oil on concrete, keep up the good work, a lot of mechanics swear by your product. The old cajun

javajunkie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2013
Three cats round the house for us. Not specifically loyal to one brand of litter, but I think the kids have given your products a "positive review" before. o)
Oh, and FWIW, there are guys on my cigar board who are running their HUMIDORS on your Exquisicat! Like, collections of dozens of boxes, seriously! The crystalline cat litter can hold and release humidity as good (with training) as specifically designed beads. For the sake of those guys, y'all keep up the good work, and DON'T change a thing!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
When our old boy, Mooch was alive we used Tidy Cat He's gone now, and there won't be any more cats for awhile, my wife bought a West Highland Terrier, and she isn't inclined to like cats.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
We have three cats. Two adorable little girls who are black and grey and about three years old. One's short haired one's long haired with a flowing bushy tail she likes to sashay as she walks lol. The third guy is a long haired grey cat who's ten or twelve years old. Not sure what kitty litter brand we use. I'll have to check lol.

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
I use Pet Pride and Special Kitty for my old girl. We got her 2weeks after we got married 13 years ago, so she's pretty special to me.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Sorry, 1 dog, no cats. My wife is very allergic (which is a blessing since we'd probably have several otherwise). Nothing against cats, I like them, I just don't want the extra work on top of our dog which gets taken out repeatedly and still likes to poop and pee in the house!

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
Hugo my American mutt cat the fat spoiled bastard is in much appreciation to you , the provider of fine bathroom toiletries for felines.

locopony

Jun 7, 2011
I will also add that kitty litter is the best oil dry for picking up spills. The clumping kind is even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.