PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
Only a few days old. I don't like it and I am switching back to my Bic. Not looking for anything in return except that you will use it. I would prefer that it goes to someone who don't already own one. I will ship to U.S. only(sorry for the international pipers). First PM will get it and I will ship by the end of the week.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Very nice of you masspiper! I already own one, so will pass to someone starting out who needs a good lighter. FYI, mine is a 1942 replica with a pipe insert and it works fantastic. i use it everyday if outside and/or windy, otherwise it is matches. Good score for someone on here! The generosity here never ceases to amaze me!

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
Very nice offer of you!! I love the zippo pipe lighter, a tip on how to avoid fuel taste:

-when you open it up don't light the pipe right away, give it a few seconds
Fuel longevity:

-after filled rub a small amount of gasoline at the base of the insert right above that bump on either side

-you can even get a old by bicycle tire and cut a piece a little small than the length of the lighter and slip that on there. It's tough to get on but once it's there you can just roll down the top portion and your good to go.
That's a nice zippo too.... I kinda miss my brushed chrome one now, I gave it away to someone in need at Christmas time.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
Good deal! I prefer it over propane actually, second only to a good match. Tips above right on. Enjoy!

Aug 14, 2012
Recently I have been using a bic or wooden match for the 1st light, a zippo pipe lighter for the 2nd. Works for me. And the zippo will light outdoors when the bic won't.

tlag77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2013
This place is amazing! Haven't been here long, but I have noticed the generosity flows daily around here.

mrdottle

Lurker
Jan 13, 2014
Yes, ZIPPOs are definitely the best lighter outdoors, but if you don’t like the Zippo because of the fluid (you didn’t say why you didn’t like it), it can always be converted to a butane lighter with a Thunderbird butane insert for PIPES. I wasn’t expecting much when I ordered one of these but it works quite well. If you do get one use only triple filtered butane or better in it. The cheaper butane brands will eventually foul all butane lighters. Two of the better brands to look for are Vector and Xicar.
YOU TUBE: https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube+thunderbird+insert+zippo&hl=en&gbv=2&oq=youtube+thunderbird+insert+zippo&gs_l=heirloom-serp.3...21938.23454.0.23860.6.1.0.5.0.0.141.141.0j1.1.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-serp..6.0.0.xozifeFF7KA
On eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vector-Butane-Pipe-Insert-Thunderbird-Soft-Flame-For-Flip-Top-Pipe-Lighters-/271451651698?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f33c77e72#ht_264wt_847

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
I guess I just prefer the bic just feels more natural to me and I have a easier time getting the flame to the bowl. I know a lot of people will probably say the Zippo is easier but for me it was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.