Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hedgehog

Might Stick Around
Sep 25, 2013
So I was in London this summer and made a most worshipful pilgrimage to James Fox tobacconist, where I spent more money than I ought to have on a new Rattray's pipe and some Squadron Leader. I have to say I've been amazed by this pipe. (And the SL is superb too.) At the moment, it's hands down my best smoker. I'm wondering if anyone knows who makes the pipes in the Triskele line, whether its Butz-Choquin or Chacom or someone else? Folks seem a little wary of Rattray's but I must say I've been more than impressed. If you're interested, the pipe is shape 17, a half-bent diplomat.
http://rattrays-pipes.com/files/cache/0738708b69b490bc582bcc8205354eab_f158152.png

Jan 8, 2013
I haven't got an answer for you myself, but I've been eyeing a few Rattray's pipes for a while. I'm seriously considering one. Yours by the way looks like a very nice pipe :)

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
hedgehog:
According to information on Pipephil's Website (www.pipephil.eu), "This brand with the scottish tobacco manufacture name is used by Otto & Kopp Gmbh to import pipes initialy crafted by Jørn Larsen and since 2004 (at least) by Butz Choquin."
I hope that you find this information to be useful.
Good Luck, and Good Smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.