PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
For 40 years I have used my finger as a tamper, I have plenty of tampers all shapes and sizes but have always gently tamped with my finger, just brushing the top ash down, never gets burnt, don't even notice myself doing it, 9 times out of 10 I smoke the whole bowlful down to white ash. So I bet most of you long service smokers do the same.

oakbear

Might Stick Around
Dec 27, 2011
UK
When i started i didn't have a tamper, so used my finger. Now i have a nice tamper i still prefer to pack the first couple of pinches with my finger.

Not tamped a lit bowl yet mind!

pawpaw

Lifer
Jun 25, 2011
cleveland NC
i finger tamp70% of the time.I remember grandpa finger tamping every once in a while he would use his barlow but most on the time it was his finger

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Guilty. I have to consciously remind myself to reach for a tamper when handling original client documents, or prior to going into meetings, bit my charred fingernail belies my practice even then.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
15 yrs of finger tampin, i have one boughten tamper thats never been used. Index finger is actually discoloured, also use it to cirle bowl when im done smokin to remove loose ash.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Use my left social finger mostly. Good callus from guitar playing. A good way to ensure you don't tamp with too much pressure.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
You know I loose pipe nails , tampers and the like faster than I can buy them . My right index finger is well seasoned to the extreme heat and being permantly attached to my hand helps a lot too .

Status
Not open for further replies.