Who Are Your Go To Artisans for Panelled Oom Pauls?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Hello!
I see many people list pipes from a plethora of artisans and they are all beautiful pipes. I was wondering, though, who would be your go to artisan if you wanted to commission a Panelled Oom Paul?
I have never done a commission and defer to you guys who have done (a) few/some/many.
Secondary question, do you know of a pipemaker who currently sells a panelled oom paul?
My buddy has been hunting for quite some time, and I know you will be able to help me help him.
Thanks!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
Parks and Cooke may be on the higher end of his budget. If it turns out they are the only ones then he will just have to save up.
I didn't put a price limit, as I wanted to canvas the whole market. If one guy makes a good one for $350, but one of the big guys makes one that is utterly mindblowing for $800 I think he'd rather save up for the latter.
Thanks for the quick response, Gig!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
And heck, If it is utterly mindblowing, I'd probably have the artist make me one too. The concept is intriguing to me, as well.

nurseman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 8, 2014
I would talk to Wayne Teipen ( he has done some nice work in interesting shapes )
I am also happy with my Clarke Layton Panel - check his website he has done some great panels.
Both of them will come in way under Parks or Cooke and they have wait times less than a Year .
They are both forum members so that is a plus

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Bruce Weaver does some amazing panels, not to mention, one of his blasts would be gorgeous on an oom paul!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Michael Parks:
oompaul2.jpg

dockwithpipes.jpg

Ed Burak:

LINK

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Whoa. Those are some Oom Pauls, one even a panel. Don't think I've ever seen one before. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.