PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

monstermash51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 13, 2012
I was cleaning up an old estate pipe stem today (which btw, for my very first time doing so, I enjoyed it a lot) and managed to rub off the white paint that filled in the symbol. I want to fill it back in, can I just use regular acrylic paint to do so?

Aug 1, 2012
I've seen some recommend white-out for the stem logos. Paint it on and wipe it off is what they say.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I've used both white nail polish and white out or liquid paper, and much prefer the former. Lasts much longer. The trick is to wipe off the excess immediately before it hardens.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I've used both nail polish and white out but prefer the nail polish. Just make sure to get the excess off quickly. I've had to reuse the last few grits of micromesh pads to clean up some excess polish/dullness that stayed on there, but the end result looks great.
However, you can also get a white out "pen" that is handy to use. That's the one I used when I tried white out, but the polish looks better IMO.

protestantpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 20, 2013
To highlight the markings on firearms, I have used a white grease pencil. Never have tried it on pipes...

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
protestantpiper, white out works on pistols also. Not recommending it for pipes, but I have used it.

onepyrotec

Lifer
Feb 20, 2013
Nevada
Hey, the forum's search box was useful once again. :puffy: Instead of posting a question, thanks to all the replies to the original post. I wasn't sure about polish or paint, from the replies, I'll use the polish since no one suggested using acrylic paint.

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
I use a marine epoxy that drys shiny white its available at home depot.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-0-85-fl-oz-Marine-Epoxy-1405604/100371825

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
I like the Sharpie oil base white paint pen extra fine point. I have used it on my Charatans CP stamp on the stems.
Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.