PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

colcolt

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
I don't know why but I always get a charge out of this regardless of the time of year. Maybe you'll get a few yuks also.
http://soloshideawayfunpages.com/_christmas/whitechristmas/

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Now THAT is good music (and this is coming from an old Metal-head)!

Wouldn't it be nice to spend one Christmas transported back to 1954?

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Wouldn't it be nice to spend one Christmas transported back to 1954?
Oh, yeah! I think I'd give a year off my life to be able to do that. I was 8 years old and still had my Mom, Dad, Brother and Sister who are now all gone. Just 30 minutes would do.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
Jingle Bells :rofl:
http://media.photobucket.com/user/thuynb152/media/merry-christmas.mp4.html?filtersterm=merry%2520christmas&filtersprimary=videos&filtersfeatured%255Fmedia=1&filterssecondary=images&sort=1&o=5

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
Those were good days and we didn't even know it. That was back when radio supplemented your entertainment after TV went off the air. I had a radio beside my bed and would listen to "scary" programs like The Whistler, Inner Sanctum Mysteries, Lights Out or The Shadow. Now, look at the stupid programs on TV and there's virtually no entertainment on radio.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Not quite from my time(b. 1971), but it was a staple around my house during Christmas in my childhood. Give me those old classic songs any day. Especially, Bing Crosby, Andy Williams, Burl Ives, Gene Autry, ect.

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
In that earlier time frame of the early 50's I grew up listening to Patti Page, Jo Stafford, Kate Smith, Kay Starr and Teresa Brewer. Everytime I hear "Cross Over the Bridge", I have visions of my Mom cooking breakfast and scurrying around the kitchen to get me off to school. She had a small Philco radio in the kitchen and always had it on most of the time. Memories are precious and no one can take them from you.

jeff394

Lurker
Mar 7, 2013
I usually go straight from Halloween into Christmas mode, forget Thanksgiving. This is great stuff, colcolt!

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I remember one of my more memorable Christmas was when I turned 12 and my folks got me an "English" bicycle...three speed on the handle bars and hand brakes. I thought it was the best present yet. That summer I was racing with a neighbor around the block and was ahead of him by probably 50 yards. Out of nowhere a dog jumped out of the bush, ran right in front of me and I couldn't stop fast enough. I ended up going over the handle bars and the first thing that hit was my elbows and chin. It knocked me cold. When I got up my buddy panicked and ran for my Mom. She came over and took me to the emergency room where they had to dig out the freshly paved road that still had the jagged rocks and they picked the tar out of my elbows, chin and mouth. It had knocked out both half my front teeth. I never rode that bike again.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed watching the video and that arrangement of the classic song.

Status
Not open for further replies.