PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
So last night, as I was finishing up the tasks of the week, I realized I was out of rum.
Not letting that stop me, I dug out some mixing ribbon cut Perique and put it on a shallow plate, then poured whiskey all over it. I put this in a cabinet that is both dark and warm, and forgot about it until morning.
Today, the whiskey is long gone but the Perique smells sweeter and with less of the fruity fermentation scent. I mixed in about 20% dark burley and bright Virginia, then lit it up.
A bright taste, with a dark almost smoky flavor from the Perique, sweetened and broadened by the other ingredients.
I could smoke this every day. Not sure how Aleister Crowley would feel about it, but if I smoke it in a pentagram with candles at the five points, maybe he'll appear and tell me.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Wouldn't be surprised that it's stellar.
Was thinking of adding some Absinthe.
PeriqueSynthe

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Double-down with this:
Perique-bottle-close-2.jpg

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Ted Breux master distiller who reverse engineered Pernod Abismthe and resurrected Absinthe from its death, distills Perique Liqueur. The Jade Line of Absinthe is the Greatest accomplishment of the Distillers trade. Rather than waste his fine accomplishments on perique, I'd rather use scaled down liquor.
Was wondering when that beverage would show itself on the forum. Probably already did, Just haven't seen anyone mention it.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
Use bourbon. Wild Turkey should do. If you had H&H Frenchy's Sunzabitches you would understand what I mean

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Strong Old Joe Krantz is what I keep coming back to. Rum/Per is starting to make others jealous with its status of easy to get and easy to produce. Lord Penzance is feeling the squeeze. :puffpipe:

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
G. L. Pease's Navigator and Sextant have a touch of rum in them:
Navigator: For the fancier of fuller-bodied, but still well-balanced and sophisticated flakes. Rich red and bright virginias are enhanced with dark-fired leaf for added depth and complexity. A touch of rum enhances the natural fruitiness of the virginias and polishes the edges. Pressing and aging in cakes brings it all together into seamless harmony.
Sextant A classic mixture harmoniously interwoven with a Navy flake. Ripe Virginia tobaccos, Cypriot Latakia, fine Orientals, and a touch of dark-fired Kentucky leaf, infused with a hint of dark rum, then gently pressed, matured, and sliced. Rich, bold and satisfying.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
"Mr. Whispers, What have you done to your blend? Mr. Whispers, Have you been able to raise the dead?

This Life style change is so tragic,

with Rumper and all,

Could you fool us with blend magic,

Waiting for Mr. Pease to Call."

Status
Not open for further replies.