PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015
Twice in the last week I have seen pipes on smokingpipes.com that I really wanted. The first was an estate Tom Eltang poker that I knew I should have grabbed as soon as I saw it. But I was trying to decide between it and a new Peterson. Within a day the Tom Eltang was gone and I ended up getting the Pete. Then yesterday while on a shopping trip with my wife I was sitting in a parking lot and found a really cool estate Castello Canadian for sale. I started to order it immediately but thought I would wait till I got home. 3 hours later I'm home and the Canadian is gone. So the moral to this story is when you see a pipe that you really want - get it. Or someone else will. Now I'm heartbroken over missing the Canadian and considering buying other pipes that aren't calling to me the way that one was. I guess I should wait on the next case of fatal attraction.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I see what you did there with that title, JBC............. :D

Yes, that's good advice. I, too have had this happen to me, many times. Most of mine were ebay "buy it now" listings. Sitting there looking at it trying to decide....... one or two minutes go by and when I finally hit the "buy" button-- GONE!!

A couple of times I've even seen the pipes show up on here. Yep, you gotta be quick with the trigger finger........ :puffy:

pagan

Lifer
May 6, 2016
West Texas
....story of my life, figure its just payback to how many times I've snach one away from someone on the other end trying to decide, it happens

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
My first Weaver came about because of this. I saw a Weaver volcano on SPC a few years back that I wanted to get for my dad. It sold while I was browsing :evil: and eventually sought Bruce out for another. Dad sadly passed before the commission was done, and the volcano became my first Weaver. So yes indeed, if you can afford it and it's in your sight, pull the trigger!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Listening to the wonderful "Arc of a Diver" LP right now, thanks to you. Its been a while............ Actually, way too long................

Dec 28, 2015
^ Yeah Steve Winwood. I have been on sort of a Winwood bender lately. And obviously based on my screen name it's not the first time.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
He's touring the USA this coming April. The money you saved on missing those two pipes could buy the tickets! See? there IS a bright side!............

Dec 28, 2015
Yeah he's opening for Steely Dan right? I just saw them this year with Elvis Costello. As much as I love Elvis I wish I could have seen Winwood. I've seen Costello 4 times. Never seen Winwood.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I thought it was just Winwood, had not heard about Steely Dan, but could be............

I haven't seen him either, not sure if I can make a show or not yet.........

Dec 28, 2015
@chasingembers those are great songs....... And then of course there's this one......
https://youtu.be/t8878chOvfI

Dec 28, 2015
OH it's a solo tour this spring. The steely Dan shows were this summer. I need to get tickets to the show in Nashville.

Status
Not open for further replies.