PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammohouse

Lurker
Sep 13, 2013
Ok I'm in the market for a poker style pipe.

I like bent style pipes, I dont even own a straight.

So what maker should I talk to or what factory pipe should I look at...budget is $150, hopefully less.

Any ideas or if someone is parting with one let me know....pics would be helpful.

Thanks

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Neerup makes a pretty nice looking bent poker/cherrywood style. I tried to buy one a while back, but someone apparently bought it out from under me between putting it in my cart and making the actual purchase. I can't personally speak for the brand since I don't own one, but I've heard good things about Neerup in general. Price range looked right, as well.
Just click the link and narrow down the results by shape (since this didn't translate to the URL apparently), and you'll be in business.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
A Great Storm No Matter How Great, Will Always Pass.

But The Clam After, Is What You Must Master, In Order For Life To Last.
The "clam after", I could not master, so I divorced the bitch, who was a witch...

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Chris McCartor is an American pipe carver who will take custom orders for pipes at a reasonable price. He seems to specialize in pokers. Go to his Facebook site (you can just google chris mccartor pipes and it should come up) and send him a pm to discuss pricing - if you look through his pipes and like what you see. :)

moses

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
@Weezell :rofl:
And to keep on topic, those McCartors ALSO look totally sharp. :clap: Good suggestions, y'all! Let's also not forget about our own late (not for real, but to the site, anyway) Justin Parker. I've seen some nice pokers come out of his shop as well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Members are onto some fine handmade pokers here, and I'd say, follow them. I have a couple rough and ready

pokers, a LaRocca with funky rustication and a big deep bowl, that's turned out well, and a Parker. They both

do the job, and didn't cost much. But aim high, if you can.

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
If you are interested in a Commission you might look into Todd Harris. He can probably help you within that budget. I have a commission in the works with him currently. Lots of good word out there on him

B

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
If I had the cash, this...
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Chacom/moreinfo.cfm?Product_ID=140609

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
I didnt read all the posts closely but i don't think anyone mentioned moretti.

I have 2 pipes from him and one is a poker. Send him an email and he will customize one for you if you want, or make one for you to your specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.