PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

matches

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2015
Dunedin, NZ
So, having purchased several pipes in a flurry at the end of last year I'm left with some financial triage to perform. Five pipes purchased. All of which I'd like to keep but probably three or four of which I'll have to pass on to someone else. Two questions to you all: if you could keep one, which would it be? If two, which two?
The choices are
1. Castello occhio Di pernice

2. Il Duca pipe

3. Castello trademark 55

4. Castello Old Antiquari 55

5. J&J Brandy with Buddha belly bamboo

I have a leaning towards one pipe in particular but I'd like to know what you'd do in my position.

bungee

Can't Leave
Oct 31, 2015
I like them all, but the second one (a squat Rhodesian?) really appeals to me. The shape, the blast, the stem color and shape... I just love it.
Cheers,
J

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
#3 and #4 are examples of my dream pipe... A Castello 55...
I am scheming NOW about how I can Acquire one... I have like 16 of them bookmarked on various sites and I am awaiting that nice fat tax return ;-) or that reimbursement from that business trip a few months ago... or that money my cousin owes me from 1994... or that big Draft Kings payday.
They are all nice... but I'd keep #3... if you don't keep #3 and #4... let me (us ;-) know how much you want for them...

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I doubt that you would lose any money on whatever you have to sell from that wonderful group. I would choose any of them for different reasons but ultimately you have to decide and what would be my choice may definitely not be yours, having stated all this I would choose the one that smokes best for you knowing you will experience many fond smokes, best of luck.

banjo

lifesizehobbit

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I like the Castello 55, bowl size seems like it would smoke anything and the shape looks comfortable for hanging or clenching.
My personal choice would be the Trademark (smooth) bowl for that shape.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Banjo said:

I would choose the one that smokes best for you

This sums it up perfectly.
If you really don't have a preference keep whichever pipe gets the least votes, that's the one least likely to sell.
Edit: Forgot to add my IMO-

I'd keep the blasted 55.
To the poster that has a 55 as a dream pipe, check out Bollito pipes. They usually have a some for sale and you can occasionally grab a new sea rock for $150 usd, shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.