PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecobb

Lurker
Jan 5, 2019
Norway
I´m looking for a poker shaped briar pipe for travel, and preferably not with the worlds widest bowl, optimally about 18-20mm diameter.
I really like the shape and size of the MM Poker, but would like this pipe to be briar, and the probably best looking poker I´ve seen so far is the SederCraft Chewing Gum Lake rusticated, but he doesn´t seem to be active anymore.
Any suggestions?

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Lots of great pokers out there. For what you are seeking, the first pipe that came to (my) mind is the Sailor Pipe. Call smokingpipes to see if they have any yet. This style of pipe is great for travel. https://www.danishpipeshop.com/d/Sailor-Dark-Rusticated-w-stem-i368.html
SederCraft makes great stuff and I agree that pipe you mention is awesome. The problem is, he does his work on the side and supply is always a problem.

kimbiker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2014
Well on my wish list is the Stanwell Royal Guard, model 207 poker, looks a good un.

okiepiper

Might Stick Around
Jan 4, 2019
The Royal Guard 207 is a good smoker. I have a 207 and a 182 and they both smoke very well.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
The Eltang Basic would be somewhat similar to npod's excellent suggestion.

kimbiker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2014
Okiepiper - I recently purchased the 186 shape Royal Guard, biggish bowl and a great smoker ( 6 1/2 bowls up to now, breaking it in).
My first big bowl pipe and thick walls, I'm converted.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
I love my Savinelli 311 poker. It was very affordable and is a fantastic smoker.
The pipe locator at smokingpipes.com is a great tool when searching for a particular shapes and dimensions.

joecobb

Lurker
Jan 5, 2019
Norway
Thanks for all suggestions!
Well, this didn´t get any easier, I ordered a MM Dagner Poker, so I have something to use while I read up on which briar poker to get...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have one of those Dagner pokers and have found it excellent. I enjoy and respect cobs, and this one is an absolute keeper. My two briar pokers are a Parker and a LaRocca, and I happened on both of them and deliberated for a long time on each, and find the Parker good and the LaRocca excellent.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Here's a BC (French) poker link at PC:
https://www.pipesandcigars.com/p/butz-choquin-louisiane-pipes/2006570/

Status
Not open for further replies.